No announcement yet.

Eibach Pro kit $125 shipped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already drag my long tubes on every speed bump, the Sportlines look kick ass, but for a daily?

Comment

Wish mine were a little lower. Makes me just want to take out the rear and cut 3/4 or a full coil off.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
        Yeah, I wish mine was a little lower, but it was a good deal and a decent compromise for a daily driver that I don't want dragging on every low spot in town. Get the STR.T's from Sam Strano on S197forums. He has a deal on them for like $320 or something. Pretty good price.
        Oh nice, thanks for the heads up on that!

Comment

Run a taller tire. I've got 265/35-20 and 305/35-20 tires, there is plenty of clearance for driveway entries and speed bumps.

..but maybe I'm just used to driving my wagon around. It is pretty low. lol

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
            I already drag my long tubes on every speed bump, the Sportlines look kick ass, but for a daily?
            I've been driving lowered cars for a long time, so I'm used to avoiding potholes and speed bumps. It's not as much of an issue for me because mine doesn't get driven everyday and the roads are pretty decent out here for the most part.

My main concern is getting the lower stance I'm looking for, but keeping a nice ride quality in the process for the times my wife and daughter ride with me. I know the Koni's are adjustable but I'm curious just how close the soft setting is to stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              I've been driving lowered cars for a long time, so I'm used to avoiding potholes and speed bumps. It's not as much of an issue for me because mine doesn't get driven everyday and the roads are pretty decent out here for the most part.

My main concern is getting the lower stance I'm looking for, but keeping a nice ride quality in the process for the times my wife and daughter ride with me. I know the Koni's are adjustable but I'm curious just how close the soft setting is to stock.
              LMFAO I know right? You guys with your "trucks" all sound like a bunch of old woman, where in the fuck do you drive, Hazzard County? You would LOVE driving my FRC, it's about 2 inches lower than the lowest GT on this site... I dont hit a god damn thing driving it besides scraping the lip in and out of the garage on the water barrier.

Eibachs suck, Ive had em on a few cars. They actually ride decent, but no low enough.

HR Sport without Isos, or Race if you want it to handle. My Cobra sat perfect and rode incredible (HR Race no Isolaters).

Comment

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                LMFAO I know right? You guys with your "trucks" all sound like a bunch of old woman, where in the fuck do you drive, Hazzard County? You would LOVE driving my FRC, it's about 2 inches lower than the lowest GT on this site... I dont hit a god damn thing driving it besides scraping the lip in and out of the garage on the water barrier.

Eibachs suck, Ive had em on a few cars. They actually ride decent, but no low enough.

HR Sport without Isos, or Race if you want it to handle. My Cobra sat perfect and rode incredible (HR Race no Isolaters).
                Our Mach has Sportlines on it and it sits perfect. The ride is stiff, but not harsh and it will only slightly scrape the xpipe on the driveway if going too fast at the wrong angle.

As for no isolators, if I wanted to listen to springs rattling, I would just do coilovers and slam the fuck out of it. But I'm getting too old and don't want to listen to all that rattling. lmao.

Comment

I actually thought about removing the isolator, but didn't know if springs would start to dig in the metal after awhile or not. That and how much noise I would get.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    Our Mach has Sportlines on it and it sits perfect. The ride is stiff, but not harsh and it will only slightly scrape the xpipe on the driveway if going too fast at the wrong angle.

As for no isolators, if I wanted to listen to springs rattling, I would just do coilovers and slam the fuck out of it. But I'm getting too old and don't want to listen to all that rattling. lmao.
                    dude, ive never had isos on lowered Stangs, John Griggs said they are BS and I stopped using em in like 98. lol... I guess my motors were too loud to ever hear any spring slap?

Edit: btw, Steve, both the GTs have Griggs C/Os front and back and there is no noise from them either...

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                      I actually thought about removing the isolator, but didn't know if springs would start to dig in the metal after awhile or not. That and how much noise I would get.
                      It wont, itll scratch is a little, but who cares? It will make the spring react faster as there is no rubber to give, and itll lower the car another half inch with no change in ride (vs a lower lowering spring). Ive never heard any noises. A stock exhaust car might hear a creak here and there, but anything with exhaust on it you wont notice.

Comment

Good to know. Might remove them and give it a try.

Comment

Would've been sweet if they were Sportlines. I just got my MM C/C plates from CJ pony for $266. Damn good deal. Gonna pick up some Sportlines, a panhard bar, and struts/shocks and be done with it.
                          2012 5.0 M6
                          sigpic

Comment

So, just to clarify Matt, this is on the rears only correct? Is it just the piece between the LCA and the spring on the perch OR at the top as well? I don't recall what was on the top side, but whatever it was stayed stuck up there while I swapped the springs out.

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                            It wont, itll scratch is a little, but who cares? It will make the spring react faster as there is no rubber to give, and itll lower the car another half inch with no change in ride (vs a lower lowering spring). Ive never heard any noises. A stock exhaust car might hear a creak here and there, but anything with exhaust on it you wont notice.

Comment

So, just to clarify Matt, this is on the rears only correct? Is it just the piece between the LCA and the spring on the perch OR at the top as well? I don't recall what was on the top side, but whatever it was stayed stuck up there while I swapped the springs out.

I highlighted it in bold on what it is we're talking about.

Comment

The little rubber donuts that the spring has on top and bottom. They are to isolate noise and make the car sit higher and handle a little less edgy because the rubber is slopping around as the spring is trying to move.

Ive had the isos out on my Cobra, my Coupe, my 86, (the 90 is a Griggs car with coil overs), my Wife's 92 GT, etc... it doesnt do anything but make the car handle better and sit better with them out. If the front has them too (dunno bout new style suspension), take em out.

If you dont like it (dunno why you wouldnt), you can always jack it back up and put them back in... Its not like cutting a coil or anything, but the effect is the same... bout half an inch drop.

Comment

Working...
                                X