Anyone have a car lift hookup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
    I got mine there too. At the time, they had the best prices and their warranty was longer than the other online places.

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
      This is where I got mine. They have them in stock at their Fort Worth location.
      Yep, got mine there too.....
      07 GT500
      05 SRT10
      88 turbocoupe T-bird
      93 Cobra
      86 coupe
      Ducati 848

Comment

I looked at the weavers but their comp to the one aggie97 posted is about 600-700 more. not sure its justified to be that much more? the $1395 fits my budget perfect but I sure don't want to regret it in a few months. My little shop is 20x40 and I couldn't do bigger without fighting the HOA. today I wish like crazy I'd of fought them to go 30x40. Don't want to mess up again!

Comment

Originally posted by kpc01 View Post
          I looked at the weavers but their comp to the one aggie97 posted is about 600-700 more. not sure its justified to be that much more? the $1395 fits my budget perfect but I sure don't want to regret it in a few months. My little shop is 20x40 and I couldn't do bigger without fighting the HOA. today I wish like crazy I'd of fought them to go 30x40. Don't want to mess up again!
          I work with 3 cars out of a 25x40 shop I rent. Organization is your friend. I also have a 6'x8' bathroom in our shop. My landlord can't believe how much stuff I have in our space with shelving and hanging stuff on walls.

If you are worried about the lift quality, I can tell you I have owned Rotary, Binwell and others. This lift is PERFECT and safe for a hobby shop or semi busy shop. I have had ours going on 3 years now and ZERO issues or leaks. I don't lift our trucks on it because I am wary of the slab but our 3000# cars are nothing for the lift. I also got one of their tire machines and it has been the best investment we have made.

Comment

i bought one from national, off azle ave in fort worth 3 years ago never had problems and setup was easy, paid 1500 then now its at $1899, still a good deal though

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
              I work with 3 cars out of a 25x40 shop I rent. Organization is your friend. I also have a 6'x8' bathroom in our shop. My landlord can't believe how much stuff I have in our space with shelving and hanging stuff on walls.

If you are worried about the lift quality, I can tell you I have owned Rotary, Binwell and others. This lift is PERFECT and safe for a hobby shop or semi busy shop. I have had ours going on 3 years now and ZERO issues or leaks. I don't lift our trucks on it because I am wary of the slab but our 3000# cars are nothing for the lift. I also got one of their tire machines and it has been the best investment we have made.
              Thanks, I'll definitely check them out. If an Aggie can use it then I'm sure I'll be ok! Looks like the best pricing so far too. I have a LA address I could use if needed but 1395 + the 75 loading fee its still not bad

class of '02 and '12

Originally posted by ramairracer View Post
              i bought one from national, off azle ave in fort worth 3 years ago never had problems and setup was easy, paid 1500 then now its at $1899, still a good deal though
              thanks I'll check them out too. One thing I've noticed is alot of these lifts have different widths and heights. I really want to stay with the 135" total width and am good up to about 148" tall or so.

Comment

Thanks, I'll definitely check them out. If an Aggie can use it then I'm sure I'll be ok! Looks like the best pricing so far too. I have a LA address I could use if needed but 1395 + the 75 loading fee its still not bad

class of '02 and '12

thanks I'll check them out too. One thing I've noticed is alot of these lifts have different widths and heights. I really want to stay with the 135" total width and am good up to about 148" tall or so.
                North american is in conneticut I think...hence the out of state sale. Anyone in Texas could get it!

Comment

North american is in conneticut I think...hence the out of state sale. Anyone in Texas could get it!
                  Gotcha, so I need to purchase online or can go do it in person?

Comment

Gotcha, so I need to purchase online or can go do it in person?
                    paid online then called them in cleburne and told them i was coming.. no loading fees or nothing

Comment

Originally posted by turboten5 View Post
                      paid online then called them in cleburne and told them i was coming.. no loading fees or nothing
                      Even better! Mine was a couple years ago and was sort of old school. They sent me a proposal, faxed it back and a girl called me for the credit card. Then I got the warehouse address and picked it up.

Comment

lift I posted comes with the anchors...most are 3/4" I used 1" on a couple as I had to move the lift after hitting rebar on a couple of holes. you also need a 6" slab at least...preferrably 8". Hammer drill is necessary and not a cheap one. Rent one if you have to.

I installed mine. Took the Hammer drill, torque wrench for the anchors, 4' level to level uprights and various wrenches. I used hydraulic fluid for tractors from tractor supply is a 5 gallon pale.

If you work on cars you can install the lift.
                        What model did you purchase?

how long have you had yours? everyone says to get a brand you've heard of but I can't imagine mine will get a ton of use. I have a 64 suburban that will be on it most of the time and while it will not push the 9k limit I like to be safe. It looks like its 1395 for a 9k (plus the $75) but may be worth looking at, especially if they did knock off a little for multiple purchased. As low as they already are I'm not sure though. Would you be interested in one of these PeeWee?
                        Possibly, doing some research on them now.
                        The Daily

10' F250 FX4 CC spatanized & deleted

Comment

Originally posted by PeeWeeC5 View Post
                          What model did you purchase?
                          I believe it was the one listed as the top seller. TP9KAC....would have to dig out paperwork to be 100% sure but looking at their site I am pretty sure that is the one.

Comment

I believe it was the one listed as the top seller. TP9KAC....would have to dig out paperwork to be 100% sure but looking at their site I am pretty sure that is the one.
                            Thats the one I was looking at, at the top of the site. its only $1395. Cant find a lot of reviews but the few I did find seem to be satisfied for what it is and its value. No horror stories atleast. I may try to give them a call tomorrow.

Comment

so made a few phone calls today and emailed the guys with the warehouse in cleburne.

They will do that 9k overhead lift for 1485 total and if three or more of us got one they knock off 50 a piece and make it 1435.

Talked to another guy that happens to be out of Cleburne and he sells the same lifts and said 1425 out the door. He said most of the people around here (himself included) sell this exact same lift and just market it as their own. he said his is the same thing with no sticker because he doesn't waste money on the sticker. he prefers to install them as thats how he really makes much money. Evidently theres not much margin in these and they make some of the money off the "pickup fees" an shipping fees.

I'll probably end up buying one from this guy in Cleburne pretty soon and can report back but wanted to share what I've found out so far. I've got an email in to him about the warranty and as long as its the same 1 yr warranty I'll probably go with it.

Comment

I'm about to get one of these...probably the open top model. They have several different options that look very similar and have the same 9k lb capacity...I'll have to read through and find out what the differences are.

Comment

Working...
                                X