No announcement yet.

4bangen's official rc tread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just put some lights on my quad for night time flying. The video is not picking up all of the light that is being put out. I can see more of it in my fpv goggles than the camera records and much more in person. Go full screen and turn the brightness up to catch a little bit more of it in the video.

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
      Awesome footage, what fpv setup are you using? how well does it work?
      I've fought with my fpv ground station since day one. I've had monitor issues receiver issues, and antenna issues. When I finally got it under control and working well, the wind blew over my tripod and smashed my gear.
      So I had to start over. I'm now using the quantum goggles from Hobbyking with the same receiver they came with (but a replacement due to the original one being bad. I use a runcam sky camera for flight. A BosCam 5.8G 200mW 32 Channel transmitter, and a Mobius to record the flight in HD.

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
      Just put some lights on my quad for night time flying. The video is not picking up all of the light that is being put out. I can see more of it in my fpv goggles than the camera records and much more in person. Go full screen and turn the brightness up to catch a little bit more of it in the video.

That's awesome man. Looks like a police helicopter. You joined the Air bears yet? That rig would make a great search and rescue platform.

Comment

• Very cool vid on the B-24.

Is it the camera angle, or is the B-24 twisted around the longitudinal axis? Looks like the left wing is down vs the horizontal stabilizer. This would cause a LOT of right wing down and right rudder trim needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
          Very cool vid on the B-24.

Is it the camera angle, or is the B-24 twisted around the longitudinal axis? Looks like the left wing is down vs the horizontal stabilizer. This would cause a LOT of right wing down and right rudder trim needed.
          no camera tricks, the wing was falling off. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            no camera tricks, the wing was falling off. lol
            Then there is that.

Comment

• I dug this out this past weekend. I forget how fast these F5B's are.

Comment

• Sr71 is nearly ready for flight.

Comment

• This thread has definitely helped me stayed interested in RC stuff. I love airplanes of all sorts and have purchased a few store bought planes and built a homemade foamy over the past few months. I finally bit the bullet and bought something nice (relative terms). It's a Twisted Hobbys 43" Big Beaver. The big thing with this airplane is the addition of leading edge flaps. Should be fun learning how to fly it. My skills are no where near good enough to take this plane to its full potential, but I hope it helps we improve my skills without too many bumps and bruises. There is about 12 hours of build time in this airplane. It's a VERY thought out kit. And as far as foamies go, it is VERY sturdy.

Comment

• wow! I flew their turbo crack beaver in Georgia at SEFF WEEK 2015. It was an interesting plane and a lot of fun. I did my first and only rolling circle with it. Glad the thread helped. It's good to know it's doing more than just giving me an outlet to yap on self-indulgently about my obsession.

Comment

• I just finished it last night. Heading out the door now to go maiden it. Fingers crossed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brn N Rubr View Post
                        I just finished it last night. Heading out the door now to go maiden it. Fingers crossed!
                        if it flies anything like the one I flew You'll need to turn more with rudder than aileron.

Comment

• Well, the maiden and subsequent flights went GREAT. The airplane flies awesome. Easily fly it scale or 3D. I can do super slow approaches or do a nice vertical parachute right into my back yard. I am incredibly happy with my purchase. I need to do some more programming (or possibly buy a new transmitter) to take full advantage of the leading edge devices.

Comment

• Here's my latest video.

Comment

• yup, almost time. I painted the top last night, bottom gets paint today.

Comment

• Big pimp'n
                                Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Working...
                                X