No announcement yet.

Fury Road, Yes Mad Max 4, 5, and 6 are in the works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Mel Gibson was the one playing the guitar.

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
      he's been in a movie every year since 2010. I'm pretty sure he got his drinking and anger problem under control. So I suspect he will do a small cameo, especially if they film in Australia
      Get the Gringo. It's pretty recent and pretty entertaining from what I remember.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Finally saw this last night and all I can say is that it delivered on what was promised by a factor of 10, and still managed to subvert expectations.

I wouldn't put it anywhere near the top of my list of best movies ever, but I do believe this is the best Mad Max movie that could be made. The production design alone was worth watching it. Might have to see it again now that my senses have been beaten into submission by the first viewing.

Comment

• Agreed. Raucous action films are often made better by modern effects and better production quality.

I don't want anyone to remake Casablanca and fuck it up, but post apocalyptic explosion-fests are fair game. I did find myself thinking that Fury Road lacked something that I couldn't pinpoint, until someone pointed out to me that the earlier Mad Max films weren't exactly high art - a point which I could not dispute.

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
          Finally saw this last night and all I can say is that it delivered on what was promised by a factor of 10, and still managed to subvert expectations.

I wouldn't put it anywhere near the top of my list of best movies ever, but I do believe this is the best Mad Max movie that could be made. The production design alone was worth watching it. Might have to see it again now that my senses have been beaten into submission by the first viewing.
          You live and learn or you don’t live long.

Comment

• I ended up seeing it again on Friday. Just as fun the second time.

Comment

• Yeah i thought it was a badass movie myself, cant wait for the other ones to come out.

Comment

• Great movie, I should have seen this instead of the stupid Jurassic World bullshit!
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• This was a bad ass movie.

It is one of the rare times a movie based on a movie/tv show/comic book from my youth actually lived up to expectations.

Comment

• I downloaded it in 3d, just to see how it would look on my tv. I had no intentions of watching it, just playing with some stuff.

Watched the whole movie again for the 5th time. Fucking love it.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I thought it was a good movie, but it should have been titled "Charlize Theron & Mad Max."
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                        I thought it was a good movie, but it should have been titled "Charlize Theron & Mad Max."
                        yea, just like it should have been Mad Max and Tina Turner Beyond Thunderdome.

Charlize was a big role in this movie, but that seems to be the norm for these movies.

Comment

• I just saw this on HBO last week. It was nominated for nine Oscars. This was a pretty damn incredible piece of work to me.

George Miller came out this week and said he wasn't making any more of them because it is too much work. After seeing the movie I have to agree, he must be OCD or something.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                          X