No announcement yet.

***The OFFICIAL aviation pics thread***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Comment

• Air show

Galveston Airshow May 1970 is where those pics are from(fairly sure)

The P-38 was owned by Paul Fournet in Lafayette La. I used to see it in the hanger as a kid. An inexperienced pilot in the -38 who was an aircraft salesman crashed it in 1974. Witnesses say that he failed to slow enough behind a Cessna 150 and advanced the power too hard and made one engine cough ---- instantly flipped the bird 100', off the ground ---- no recovery. People warned Fournet not to let this guy fly that bird. he didn't listen.

The white one is now owned by RedBull

- Registered as N38LL.
          - Fitted with fighter nose.
          - Flown as racer #1 (Later #38) "Scatterbrain Kid.
          - Crashed and destroyed, Lafayette, LA, Oct. 19, 1974.
          -- Pilot George Harper fatally injured.
          Last edited by likeitfast55; 05-26-2016, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Mystery solved:

Comment

• Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
              The white one is now owned by RedBull.
              Reminded me of a thread I started years ago: http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28614

Comment

• Very cool Red Bull pics!

Comment

• Originally posted by scott442 View Post
                  Mystery solved:

X2 Have the same pic with the tower in the background.

Wondered as a kid why all these airplanes were parked in the grass.

Comment

• If you're reading this thread, you probably know about theN-52 crash in Guam a little over a week ago. I stopped through there a few days ago and was able to snap a few pictures on departure. Please excuse the crappy quality. Glad all seven crew members survived.

Comment

• Wow!

Yeah, I was really surprised that everyone was able to get out.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• OH snap!

Comment

• Wow, that's pretty wild. Will have to show those pics to my dad. Will have to look up what caused the crash.
                          -Eric

Comment

• Comment

• P47 went into the Hudson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                                Reminded me of a thread I started years ago: http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28614

where is this at? Cool planes but cool Red Bull F1 cars. I think the one that's #15 is Mark Webber's from 2009
                                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                                Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X