Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    pkl fkr
    Those guys are doing some crazy stuff for sure. They haven't even made it out of the Austin market here but are distributed in Southern California. I've never had any of their beers.

Comment

This is the only good IPA. Everything else is crap.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        Those guys are doing some crazy stuff for sure. They haven't even made it out of the Austin market here but are distributed in Southern California. I've never had any of their beers.
        my neighbor is friends with the owner, we met him at Kool Keg a few months back, sampled a few of his beers. Mostly sours. I am not a sours fan, but the dude was a cool guy, and the beers were pretty good.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

pkl fkr
          I don't remember if that's the name of the exact sour I tried at the brass tap in round rock...but a beer fitting that description is exactly what I had in mind writing that comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            I don't remember if that's the name of the exact sour I tried at the brass tap in round rock...but a beer fitting that description is exactly what I had in mind writing that comment.
            interestingly, that is his highest selling beer to date.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

IPAs are my go to style, but a lot of them are way too over the top hoppy for my taste and there is definitely a trend of making the most bitter and ridiculous beer you can these days. Lagunitas IPA is my favorite. Ballast Point Sculpin is also a good one.

I keep track of all the different beers I drink and just topped 1400. I would only drink less than 10% of those again...
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

interestingly, that is his highest selling beer to date.
                I certainly don't doubt that at all. We bought it completely expecting to not like it and were correct. I still have fun trying that type of shit which is why I still drink craft beer, but that doesn't mean I think it's good lol.

IPA also sells great too no matter what's in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                  IPAs are my go to style, but a lot of them are way too over the top hoppy for my taste and there is definitely a trend of making the most bitter and ridiculous beer you can these days. Lagunitas IPA is my favorite. Ballast Point Sculpin is also a good one.

I keep track of all the different beers I drink and just topped 1400. I would only drink less than 10% of those again...
                  The only ones I order over and over again are Bell's Two Hearted, Rahr's Dadgum, Deep Ellum's regular IPA, Peticolas Velvet Hammer, Community's Mosaic, Lone Pint Yellow Rose or whatever the current Stone Enjoy By IPA is (currently 4/20/18). I drink a lot of Wild Acre's Tarantula Hawk as well, not really because it's my favorite but they do have a lot of taps in the area and it's usually the best beer on the wall at non craft beer places. Drop Dead Red at Twin Peaks is pretty dang good as well.

Yep I like IPAs. I don't really like the grapefruit ones at all though. Hop Rising from Squatters is another I used to always go for but man I can't drink more than a couple without feeling like crap. It's a little too big of a beer. Same goes for Rahr's Mr Wiggles, Panther Island's IPFNA and Wild Acre's Superhawk. I can enjoy one but that's it.

I'm at 2055 unique beers on Untappd btw and about to get my 4th plate at the Saucer. Since Taps and Caps opened near me though plates have slowed down.

Comment

All my friends use it too...but with the way data is gathered in those apps...there's no chance in hell I would ever use untappd.

Call me paranoid but that just sounds like an invitation for trouble.

Comment

Anyone on here tried Oscar Blues G’Knight? “Double Imperial Red IPA.” Great beer with an even cooler story behind it.

Comment

I quit drinking beer years ago, but from my teen years (late 80's) until I stopped I was always a fan of IPAs and Pale Ales. My favorite of both was from Full Sail Brewery which is near my dad up in Hood River, OR. I see they've added others now, and in fact don't see they regular Pale Ale anymore. I really like their Lager too (Sessions).

I've never been a fan of the dark beers like stouts..

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                          Just drink Miller Lite like a man.
                          Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                          Word. This craft beer shit is worse than vaping.
                          A-fucking-men

Comment

Originally posted by Brn N Rubr View Post
                            Anyone on here tried Oscar Blues G’Knight? “Double Imperial Red IPA.” Great beer with an even cooler story behind it.
                            I didn't know the story but it is really cool.

Continue to the main page content NC Taproom & Brewery Open today from 12pm – 9pm CO Original Taproom Open today from 2pm – 9pm We take having a good time very seriously. View All events Monthly Music…

One beer I always order when available is Velvet Hammer. Pretty sure G'Night was the inspiration for that one. It's hard to drink more than a couple of either but I like both equally.

Comment

I love IPA's, they usually have a higher ABV% so I don't need to drink 8 to get a buzz, I can buy a six pack and drink three to get a decent buzz. Some of them do make for interesting gas the next day though so the wife loves that, lol.
                              Originally posted by Nash B.
                              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                                Some of them do make for interesting gas the next day though so the wife loves that, lol.
                                That's any beer for me, or food, or liquid I ingest.

Comment

Working...
                                X