Fury Road, Yes Mad Max 4, 5, and 6 are in the works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
    It's ranked higher than Saving Private Ryan? This is what our country has come to. Just a bunch of fucking retards liking stupid shit that makes no sense. Awesome.
    What is a good movie?
    sigpic

Comment

Well, Saving Private Ryan (Obviously). Recently? I think that Trancendence is probably one of the better movies I've seen in a while. Trance (sorry for the Tr theme) was badass. Mad Max was just empty. Had no feel...and attempted style very poorly. IMO it catered to people with a short attention span and no desire for resolution.

If you want to see a movie that does that well, watch Crank 2: High Voltage. Does the extreme action movie WAY better than this....thing.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

WHaT A DAY! WHAT A LOVELY DAY!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          WHaT A DAY! WHAT A LOVELY DAY!
          I wonder how many dont know that the spray paint is based on real huffing.
          Last edited by John -- '02 HAWK; 05-21-2015, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Who that are?

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
              Well, Saving Private Ryan (Obviously). Recently? I think that Trancendence is probably one of the better movies I've seen in a while. Trance (sorry for the Tr theme) was badass. Mad Max was just empty. Had no feel...and attempted style very poorly. IMO it catered to people with a short attention span and no desire for resolution.

If you want to see a movie that does that well, watch Crank 2: High Voltage. Does the extreme action movie WAY better than this....thing.
              I think you're missing what people enjoyed, it's strengths.

92% of people are not dumber than you, I assure you. Mad Max didn't have much in the way of back story of resolution, it didn't need it - and it proves that is not necessary. What it did have was atmosphere, unique and interesting characters, excellent character interaction and development, and most importantly what the series promised - non stop action. The movie was complete and total fucking chaos from start to finish, the kind of movie you had to step back from, or see a second time. It's unique, and as you can see from the ratings, people liked it.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Nah broseph, i wanted a post apocalyptic Hamlet or some shit.
                sigpic

Comment

One of the most memorable moments was when they're spraying paint in their faces. I busted out laughing in the theater out of the sheer insanity, it became clear that was the moment shit went wheels off, and I loved it. I think everyone has a moment in that movie where you realize it just made you it's bitch. This isn't a movie you're going to be able to predict what happens, plot changes, character developments, etc. When you look at it in a lighthearted way, it was great. The pace is so fast, and so much shit is happening you don't have time to do much contemplation, you're just in for the ride.
                  Last edited by CJ; 05-21-2015, 08:55 PM.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I've heard nothing but great things - can't wait to see this one.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Wasn't a fan. Shit blows up. A lot. Cars in the desert. Loud noises...

Not saying I needed some Saving Private Ryan level shit here, but a plot was basically non existent. To me the entire thing was an excuse to build some crazy cars, play with explosives, and recycle yet another classic title so they wold be sure they could pay the bills when it's all said and done.

Maybe I don't "get it" or maybe I needed to be in a different frame of mind going into it.

Comment

• Man cards need to be pulled and checked for not enjoying this movie for what it was: a simple action, blow shit up, crazy scene, over the top movie.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                          Man cards need to be pulled and checked for not enjoying this movie for what it was: a simple action, blow shit up, crazy scene, over the top movie.
                          Originally posted by lincolnboy
                          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• edit: Ah, fuck it.

I just find it hilarious people didn't like an awesome action movie because people didn't talk and express their feelings enough.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              I think you're missing what people enjoyed, it's strengths.

92% of people are not dumber than you, I assure you. Mad Max didn't have much in the way of back story of resolution, it didn't need it - and it proves that is not necessary. What it did have was atmosphere, unique and interesting characters, excellent character interaction and development, and most importantly what the series promised - non stop action. The movie was complete and total fucking chaos from start to finish, the kind of movie you had to step back from, or see a second time. It's unique, and as you can see from the ratings, people liked it.
                              People also love the Kardashians. To each their own though.

Edit:
                              By the way...most of your comma's should be periods. You must not be a part of that 92%.(I'm ignoring the misspelling.) I'll give you that it had atmosphere and unique characters. Interesting characters though? That's an opinion. Some people think that rocks are interesting. Development? One character developed in the movie. He went from being a bad guy to a good guy. Crazy awesome development.
                              Last edited by jdgregory84; 05-22-2015, 02:18 AM.
                              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• There was a lot of redemption in that movie. You guys are crazy.
                                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                                X