Can my PC handle this monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
    Well min FPS is 60 and and avg FPS is 60 since I have 60 hz monitor and just leave v-sync on lol..Should I be using display port for this 3340x1140 resolution? Without V-sync there's no point it tears beyond belief.

I'm using HDMI 2.0 and it says it can do only 2560x1440 but I can select 3340x1440 in the resolution.
    I think you should be able to do more, i guess depending on which hdmi cable you are using.

My 4k monitor is hdmi 2.0 and I can push 3840x2160p to it over hdmi as well as 1080p 120hz.

Comment

880s are hitting shelves in October I think. 780ti should come down to your $500 mark when they do hit shelves.
      QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

I still haven't sent off this monitor to LG to get fixed. I'd just exchange it, but it looks like everywhere is out of this model and I really like it besides the bleed.

If anyone here owns a IPS panel, what do the black levels look like? I turned down contrast and brightness down to 1/2 way and it helped. I do believe the camera exacerbated the problem although in the first pics.

IPS is a new technology to me and I don't want to return a good product that I don't understand.

With a little googling, it seems like bleed and IPS glow are very common for most IPS. Is that true? Even for a 1k monitor?
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X