No announcement yet.

100 Car pile up on 35W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drive that stretch daily and actually exit at 28th street just north of where it happened.
    I’m still trying to wrap my head around why anyone was going as fast as they were.
    That was excessive speed for that area in normal dry conditions.

The roads were definitely misleading in that area though. Coming from Mansfield all the way to the downtown exit the roads were pretty slick, but once you hit I-35 there was virtually no ice except for where that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by fastwhite99gt View Post
      From the videos, some of the big rigs don’t even seem to be trying to slow. You hear some downshifting and can hear them on and off the brakes, but that one that knocked the F150 up on top of the cars in front didn’t seem to even try.
      There’s a good video of it happening from behind, everybody crests the hill and goes a 1/4 mile down it into the pile brakes locked up. Lots of the rigs, trucks, cars are bouncing off the guard rail divider or trying to hit sideways and mitigate the hit. That whole section was just a downhill sheet of ice and the Express Lane made it an inescapable funnel.

I wonder what kind of lawsuits the NTTA gets for design culpability after this is investigated. I despise tollways as it is, so I’m curious to see how it plays out.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
        I wonder what kind of lawsuits the NTTA gets for design culpability after this is investigated. I despise tollways as it is, so I’m curious to see how it plays out.
        Hopefully they go bankrupt but they won't, they will claim to be a government entity.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          Yes, everyone involved needs to send them a bill for a cool five million dollars. When they reply that it wasn't their fault, send them a letter that says their proof isn't enough, we need a letter from the state that says their road was engineered properly, we then need the name, address, and phone number of the person responsible, and we need a copy of final approval permits.

Comment

Working...
          X