No announcement yet.

Real talk about businesses and money and what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful with ArBnB type stuff. It can be done and can be profitable but a LOT of people lost their asses this last year, for obvious reasons. If that’s what you’d like, it’s all about the destination. Cabins in Broken Bow are printing for example. I know a chick that owns 30-40 up there. She’s ballin. Start slow, figure it out, then expand. A lot of people just threw a bunch of cash at it before they figured it out and then came Covid. Some are losing them left and right.

I’d stay away from office space right now personally. But glut and deals may eventually be good enough to make the risk worthwhile. Mixed use commercial appeals to me, but, it can be a mixed bag.

Personally, I’m buying defaulted mortgages and playing the stock market heavily.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
      Yet.....
      Eh. I like Bill. I will fuck with him a bit.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Be careful with ArBnB type stuff. It can be done and can be profitable but a LOT of people lost their asses this last year, for obvious reasons. If that’s what you’d like, it’s all about the destination. Cabins in Broken Bow are printing for example. I know a chick that owns 30-40 up there. She’s ballin. Start slow, figure it out, then expand. A lot of people just threw a bunch of cash at it before they figured it out and then came Covid. Some are losing them left and right.

I’d stay away from office space right now personally. But glut and deals may eventually be good enough to make the risk worthwhile. Mixed use commercial appeals to me, but, it can be a mixed bag.

Personally, I’m buying defaulted mortgages and playing the stock market heavily.
        She single?

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post

I am not one to just put it all away into a retirement account.
          Bad idea anyway unless it can beat inflation by a good bit.
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
            Does not all have to be about storage places. Just curious what you people put money in to get returns. If it is managed, retirement, businesses.....
            The best investment I have made was an Audible subscription and started listening to books on my commute. I GREATLY increased my financial literacy.

Best book I have read this year,

"The Simple Path To Wealth" - Collins

Then I started looking into F.I.R.E.

Then, I figured out, some smart decisions I made 20 years ago, put me in a better spot than I realized. I just had to make some easy adjustments and now I am on track to retire by 59. Trying to cut that down to 55.

check out:

madfientist.com
            gocurrycracker.com
            mrmoneymustache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
              Bad idea anyway unless it can beat inflation by a good bit.
              I was waaay too late in life to figure this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                I was waaay too late in life to figure this out.
                2% per year baby! 10 years goes by... your money is worth 20% less! We'll print our way out of any mess, and pass the savings on to you!! Oh and on top of that, we'll tax the shit out of you!

Although I'd have to place the "effective" inflation rate at higher than that. It just has to be.
                WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  2% per year baby! 10 years goes by... your money is worth 20% less!
                  Learn math before giving financial advice.

Comment

damn , somebody must have been reading this. just north of tolar they have cleared 10 acres and have 2 mountains of road base stacked up . future climate controlled storage . would bet there will be a lot of rv/boat storage . all the folks who bought rv's during the lock down need somewhere to park them now . i know the place , it sold for about 12k an acre .

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                      The best investment I have made was an Audible subscription and started listening to books on my commute. I GREATLY increased my financial literacy.

Best book I have read this year,

"The Simple Path To Wealth" - Collins

check out:

madfientist.com
                      gocurrycracker.com
                      mrmoneymustache.com
                      This is the first good comment!

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                        damn , somebody must have been reading this. just north of tolar they have cleared 10 acres and have 2 mountains of road base stacked up . future climate controlled storage . would bet there will be a lot of rv/boat storage . all the folks who bought rv's during the lock down need somewhere to park them now . i know the place , it sold for about 12k an acre .
                        I remember in my Barnett Shale oilfield days driving through Tolar on 377 and there was nothing there. Lots of gas wells though. It was a trek from Justin.

Comment

they will pull a lot from granbury . rv and boats storage . granbury is a shitty town to do business in so they moved out of city limits . ton of money going in so maybe they know something secret .

Comment

I’m completely over my current role - my job duties have changed drastically the last few months and I hate it. Because we own hotels and the business was basically on fire the last year, my CEO/founder thinks everyone should still be going 24/7 with a greatly reduced staff. Currently looking at buying some coin op laundromats I’ve modeled them out to roughly 30% cash on cash returns. To answer the original post, I’ve put 100% of my investments into equities and have a comfortable cushion - just know I’m over my current gig. A buddy we laid off a year ago at the beginning of this just bought his third laundromat and is loving not being corporate anymore.
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                              I’m completely over my current role - my job duties have changed drastically the last few months and I hate it. Because we own hotels and the business was basically on fire the last year, my CEO/founder thinks everyone should still be going 24/7 with a greatly reduced staff. Currently looking at buying some coin op laundromats I’ve modeled them out to roughly 30% cash on cash returns. To answer the original post, I’ve put 100% of my investments into equities and have a comfortable cushion - just know I’m over my current gig. A buddy we laid off a year ago at the beginning of this just bought his third laundromat and is loving not being corporate anymore.
                              Let me know if you need co investors, I'd love to do some laundromats. I need to diversify!
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                                Many years ago I knew a guy that had about 15 of them. He got fed up with Corporate life and took the plunge. He loved it! He’s since passed away. I wonder if his family still owns them or if they were all sold off.
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X