in ear electronic ear protection???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in ear electronic ear protection???

I bought my wife a set of the Howard Leight Impact electronic ear muffs and they don't fit her very well, so I was thinking of getting her some electronic in ear ear pro. Anyways does anyone have any recommendations?
    Thanks
    92 LX 5.0

Man, I cant remember the name of the company, but there was a local group that made custom in ear amp / damp ear plugs using molds from your ear.

I saw them at the last gun show I went to in FTW. Everything looked quality.

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
      I bought my wife a set of the Howard Leight Impact electronic ear muffs and they don't fit her very well, so I was thinking of getting her some electronic in ear ear pro. Anyways does anyone have any recommendations?
      Thanks
      The best Ive seen is Pro Ears. I have their muffs and they are very big and comfortable but they are expensive. Their top of the line electronic in ear protection is $1400 so its way out there but custom made to fit you. You might try out their muffs for her. They are big and seem like they would fit anyone. But they are not compact like the others.
      2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
      2011 Harley Davidson F150
      2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        Man, I cant remember the name of the company, but there was a local group that made custom in ear amp / damp ear plugs using molds from your ear.

I saw them at the last gun show I went to in FTW. Everything looked quality.
        I don't remember the name either, but I bet they were the same guys at the International Motorcycle Show
        Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Not cheap, but...

Comment

In ears that are really worth a shit aren't cheap, by any means. This is what most of your pro shooters are wearing.

Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Good grief those are insanely expensive.

Comment

I got news. Unless your head is in a foam filled box nothing you can stick into your ear will drop sound pressure by the 48db they are claiming for the custom stuff from SportEAR. The sound simply passes through your tissue and bone and puts a beat down on your ears. I wear foam plugs and muffs at the same time and still have damaged hearing from years of shooting.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                  I got news. Unless your head is in a foam filled box nothing you can stick into your ear will drop sound pressure by the 48db they are claiming for the custom stuff from SportEAR. The sound simply passes through your tissue and bone and puts a beat down on your ears. I wear foam plugs and muffs at the same time and still have damaged hearing from years of shooting.
                  Agreed... especially as loud as my guns are I wear foam plugs and electronic muffs over the ears. I can have a normal conversation with that setup but then gunshots are nice and quiet. I have pretty severe hearing loss in my left ear from hunting all the time as a kid with no hearing protection. It sucks...
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Best protection is doubling up with either foam or custom molded in-ear plugs, and ear muff. Put on your shooting glasses and your ear muff and take a look in front of the mirror. The glasses almost always creates a gap in the ear muff.

Comment

I like the Surefire Defender plugs. They work great and cost $20-30 bucks.

Comment

I recently bought a Walker's Razor XV. Behind the neck with retractable earbuds.

Used them for the first time a week ago shooting rifles at an outdoor range. They worked fine. Haven't tried an indoor range yet. Since the electronics are in the piece around the neck, I can double up with a regular pair of earmuffs when necessary.

I went with these because I didn't like how most earbuds seem to use hearing aid batteries that I'd have to constantly change. These are USB rechargeable.

Comment

Working...
                        X