• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why .40?

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
      Why .40?
      I like .40, and have a shit load of ammo. I might just buy a 9mm, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        So... it's for sale.. or are you just rubbing it in my face?
        everything is for sale for the right price

Comment

I'll take 9mm over .40 simply because of higher capacity. I sold my Shield 40 2 yrs ago and don't regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
            everything is for sale for the right price
            Is it a P30L by chance? If so, I offer unlimited use of Magnus OR DonSVO butt hole for any 72hr (continuous) period of your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              I'll take 9mm over .40 simply because of higher capacity. I sold my Shield 40 2 yrs ago and don't regret it.
              Agreed. Modern ammunition has equalized the strength and weaknesses between 9mm and .40 S&W.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                Agreed. Modern ammunition has equalized the strength and weaknesses between 9mm and .40 S&W.
                40 has always been odd to me. You get the recoil of more powerful rounds just not the power. There is a reason even the military went to 9mm. And if you are in bear country, 40 won’t be enough. I have 9mm and 45 autos and magnum revolvers. If I need power in a semi auto, I’d go 10mm.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                  Why .40?
                  For me it's simple... caliber consolidation mainly, but .40 was decided on due to USPSA rules stating to make major outside of Open division (Limited where I spent a ton of time) you had to use at least a 10mm/.40 cal projectile. It was arbitrary, but also at the time (still the rule now) where 9mm major (major = projectile weight in grains x fps must be at least 165K) was pretty dangerous due to powder choices and shoddy reloading.

Now that I really don't shoot limited anymore, I'd consider converting to 9mm but I've already got a ton for .40 including brass, etc. Also if I go back to shooting single stack, the one I have is a .40 so I can shoot either 8+1 major or 10+1 minor in the same gun, no other gun offers that versatility. And if you want plinking ammo, I'd wager my .40 minor loads are way easier to shoot than the 9mm.

All that said, unless you shoot competitively, there's really not that good of a reason to use .40 over 9mm.
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Finally found one. Anyone still local and an FFL dealer?

Comment

Working...
                    X