Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you worried about sending your kids to school this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife is a teacher. Regardless of what the superintendents say from those links, teachers want to be back in the classroom with kids and in person learning. One voice does not speak for all, not truthfully anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
      My wife is a teacher. Regardless of what the superintendents say from those links, teachers want to be back in the classroom with kids and in person learning. One voice does not speak for all, not truthfully anyway...
      mine as well, and she's not keen on going back given the uncertainty of it all. One voice indeed does not speak for all.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
        mine as well, and she's not keen on going back given the uncertainty of it all. One voice indeed does not speak for all.
        I'd say 80 percent or more of the teachers she works with and talks to wants to go back and get their own kids in the classroom. They know e-learning is a farce. What is going to suck is when the districts try to offer both e-learning and in person.

Comment

My wife is a teacher, and is in constant contact of all her teacher friends. NONE of them want to go back cause they know it can not be done safely....

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
            My wife is a teacher, and is in constant contact of all her teacher friends. NONE of them want to go back cause they know it can not be done safely....
            Then they shouldn't be teaching in the first place. Classrooms, especially elementary ones, are filled with germs. Kids always have hands in mouths, eyes, ears, etc. Most are sent to school while ill anyway if they run a low fever. Many with siblings bring even more stuff around. There is no more risk right now than before. Classrooms are a breeding ground for viruses and bacteria and a perfect place for things to spread COVID or not.

Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong, that cases are rising, etc. I'll continue to have my belief and realize that it's a political sham. Those who are elderly or have pre-existing conditions need to be cautious. Normal, healthy kids need to be in school with other kids like them...

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
              So you've gone full on commie propaganda? Don't have anything to bring to the debate, then start calling everyone a Trump supporter and blame Trump.

Funny, I'm not really a Trump supporter per say, but he is far better than Hillary would've ever been. And let's say your side is right, Trump is bad. Biden, seriously? F that x infinity.

Okay, what would your savior Obama have done better or different with respect to this virus? I can't wait to hear this.

The fact of the matter is NO ONE can control and uncontained virus. It'll do whatever it is going to do.

1) Mixing infected people with high risk old folks is stupid, which the Dems did particularly in NY City.
              2) We are in day 11X of a two week "flatten the curve." What a sham.
              3) The economy was destroyed for a virus that isn't significantly worse than the flu, and is far less worse than the TB outbreak of 2 years ago.
              4) Wearing a mask of any material cannot be based on science, it's all about feelings and political posturing (because you sure as hell can't show where all materials have been tested).
              5) Dem mayors are cancelling and whining about Republican conventions, while allowing their preferred causes to riot in the streets, and apparently Covid only affects Republican gatherings according to the MSM.

So please explain how the above is Trump's fault and not a political assault by one party against another.

You like everyone else that hates Trump is just upset that you can't control his thoughts and speech, which is the same reason you don't like me. Well this is America, still, and free speech is a fundamental right.

Take your lack of logic or coherent argument and stick it. When your side actually has a point, I will listen until then piss off.
              Lol I dont care about Biden but I'll give him a chance over the disaster trump is.

What's trump's even goal if he gets reelected?

You said uncontained virus. Its uncontained now since this administration. Stop blaming obama for everything wtf is that even about?

I dont care about trump's speech, I care when he says stupid stuff like doing a great job and nobody questions it. Our standards have to be higher than 130k dead.

So far in this thread you've exhibited the expected responses.

not that leathal/ low death/fake death count
              Fake news propaganda
              Blamed china who cdc state government everyone except trump

So I ask if we hit 5k dead a day again and trump says we have a medical emergency and he will delay the election for 6 months until we get this under control will you still support him and agree with his decision?

Comment

Then they shouldn't be teaching in the first place. Classrooms, especially elementary ones, are filled with germs. Kids always have hands in mouths, eyes, ears, etc. Most are sent to school while ill anyway if they run a low fever. Many with siblings bring even more stuff around. There is no more risk right now than before. Classrooms are a breeding ground for viruses and bacteria and a perfect place for things to spread COVID or not.

Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong, that cases are rising, etc. I'll continue to have my belief and realize that it's a political sham. Those who are elderly or have pre-existing conditions need to be cautious. Normal, healthy kids need to be in school with other kids like them...
                This has nothing to do with the common cold, or a few students with the flu, although there have been multiple cases recently of schools shutting down after outbreaks of stomach viruses. They, her and her friends, are saying the restrictions in place to make it "safe" to return are abso-fucking-lutely ridiculous and no way they could open back up and be safe, anyone that thinks they can be followed is an idiot.

You are wrong, IF schools open up you will be proven wrong, daycare centers are now getting hit and they are nowhere near as congested as a classroom. The world is not in on this political sham.....

Comment

This has nothing to do with the common cold, or a few students with the flu, although there have been multiple cases recently of schools shutting down after outbreaks of stomach viruses. They, her and her friends, are saying the restrictions in place to make it "safe" to return are abso-fucking-lutely ridiculous and no way they could open back up and be safe, anyone that thinks they can be followed is an idiot.

You are wrong, IF schools open up you will be proven wrong, daycare centers are now getting hit and they are nowhere near as congested as a classroom. The world is not in on this political sham.....
                  These are your posted graphs showing COVID hospitalizations by age and deaths by age. Look at ages 5-17. Again, your data here. Tell me why we should close schools based on those numbers, and do not try to tell me that it's because they could bring it home, because the kids are already hanging out with other kids in the neighborhood, at the ball field, etc.

Comment

These are your posted graphs showing COVID hospitalizations by age and deaths by age. Look at ages 5-17. Again, your data here. Tell me why we should close schools based on those numbers, and do not try to tell me that it's because they could bring it home, because the kids are already hanging out with other kids in the neighborhood, at the ball field, etc.
                    And the fact you are focused on the kids contracting the virus is why you wont ever understand the actual concern.
                    Of course they are going to bring it home, 100% Big difference in playing with kids in the neighborhood, outside, or playing ball at an outdoor field vs. kids finger fucking an entire classroom after their fuckhead parents dropped them off running a temp knowing damn good in well they are sick.
                    On the ball field thing, my nephew's soccer team just got shut down cause the goalie, a 14 year old kid, was positive and infected a couple of other kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                      And the fact you are focused on the kids contracting the virus is why you wont ever understand the actual concern.
                      Of course they are going to bring it home, 100% Big difference in playing with kids in the neighborhood, outside, or playing ball at an outdoor field vs. kids finger fucking an entire classroom after their fuckhead parents dropped them off running a temp knowing damn good in well they are sick.
                      On the ball field thing, my nephew's soccer team just got shut down cause the goalie, a 14 year old kid, was positive and infected a couple of other kids.
                      You realize they live in the same neighborhood with the kids they go to school with right? They ride bikes together, fish together, have sleepovers, birthday parties, go to the gym together...I'm seeing all that.

A kid on my son's team tested positive right as they finished their season. He had been to camp. Zero symptoms. Of course his positive test means 17 probables and up the count.

I get what you see at the hospital. I get it's a threat to some, but it's not a threat worth shutting down and changing our entire way of life. We are doing more harm by keeping kids and others at home. Experts are pointing this out, but fear mongers like you and the media don't want to listen to it. Besides, masks work. Washing your hands work. Hand sanitizer works. Let the kids put on a mask, wash their hands, and lather up with hand sanitizer before they come home.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post

I get what you see at the hospital. I get it's a threat to some, but it's not a threat worth shutting down and changing our entire way of life. We are doing more harm by keeping kids and others at home. Experts are pointing this out, but fear mongers like you and the media don't want to listen to it. Besides, masks work. Washing your hands work. Hand sanitizer works. Let the kids put on a mask, wash their hands, and lather up with hand sanitizer before they come home.
                        You know I really hope I am wrong, I truly hope that my thoughts and beliefs on all this have been jaded due to what I experience daily. I would almost feel like a complete dumbass after the election if the threat all fades away into the shadows and I have been keeping my family home for nothing. BUT if by chance I am right and school does open, it does spread through some area schools shutting them down, and I kept my kids home and safe then I know I made the right call. All I do know is I am tired of this shit, 100% all around. The politicizing of it form both sides, the uncertainty of who to trust and what is truth. I completely understand both sides of it, but given the fact there are two sides I have to make a choice, who knows in the end if either will be right......

Comment

• 03 you want to give Biden a chance? The Biden that got backed by the Klan and used the N word in Congress? The Biden that steals speeches? The Biden that lied so much he had to drop out in ‘88? The Biden that doesn’t know where he is and can’t remember the thing?

The point about Obama was that he can’t stop a virus either.

And dear silly useful idiot, this virus is not uncontained due to anything Trump did. You need to man up and blame Chiba for that. They let this thing out to the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                            All I do know is I am tired of this shit, 100% all around. The politicizing of it form both sides, the uncertainty of who to trust and what is truth. I completely understand both sides of it, but given the fact there are two sides I have to make a choice, who knows in the end if either will be right......
                            This is 100% correct. On one end, you have data people tout that has been proven to be as correct as the earth is flat. On the other, you have data that says no big deal yet thousands die. The problem is no one knows the truth because it's been politicized. That is the sad part. It's hard to make educated decisions as a parent when you do not have data you trust...

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                              This is 100% correct. On one end, you have data people tout that has been proven to be as correct as the earth is flat. On the other, you have data that says no big deal yet thousands die. The problem is no one knows the truth because it's been politicized. That is the sad part. It's hard to make educated decisions as a parent when you do not have data you trust...
                              Especially when they scream about a 17 year old with "no underlying conditions" dying, and they only show her face and that is cropped a little. Then when I do a little research she appears to be 300 pounds. For fucks sake.

Oh, I think if they open up schools it wont be long after and they will have to shut down everything. Like I said before the little bastards had the flu last year and were licking each other on the face so they could stay home. I do enjoy one thing though with the schools being closed, all of these people that claim their children are angels have had to deal with them their selves. I vote for a whole year of remote learning then people will be begging for corporal punishment again.

Where is DR. Dave dammit. That man is knee deep at ground zero right now. I would like to here his thoughts on it again now that Houston is covered up with it.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                                Where is DR. Dave dammit. That man is knee deep at ground zero right now. I would like to here his thoughts on it again now that Houston is covered up with it.
                                Houston is covered up with it just like Broward Co Florida. Go read what they’ve found out about the test results.

It’s just really shocking how the “hotspot” states are the ones where Republicans are trying to host conventions in large Dem controlled cities.... I just can’t figure it out. And did you watch the Collin co vid yet? If you go to a hospital with allergies or a cold, you will be a counted “probable” Covid case. If you die there of a heart attack, you’ll be a Covid death too.

How many times do I have to tell you that with these Libs, the end justifies the means? Honesty fell by the wayside long ago and 2016 proves they are on a lie and steal bingefest.

Russia....
                                Kavanaugh....
                                Stormy.....
                                Mueller.....
                                Ukraine....
                                Gretta......
                                BLM.....
                                WHO.....
                                murder hornets....
                                Covid.....

You really trust these people to be honest about anything? China has more integrity than US “liberals” at this point.

Europe already sent kids back to school and no problems there. I bet if someone nominated a Repub in France though, BLM, Covid and murder hornets would be there instantly.

Almost every pediatrician in the US is saying send the kids to school. It’s the same media and libs that scream science about Gretta that won’t listen to doctors now.

Nothing to see here, just put on your mask and get to goosestepping.

Comment

Working...
                                X