Lost ammo shipment - UPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost ammo shipment - UPS

Cluster fuck. Bought 1k rounds of .40 S/W from Freedom Munitions. Basically, someone at UPS stole the box. Anyone having this issue lately ?
    I filed a "claim" and thats a total beat down cluster Ive been fighting for a week. Freedom munitions wont do anything until the claim is settled. Meanwhile, I hope they have some .40 in stock, I want my shit...

One of my neighbors dates a UPS guy so I hear all kinds of horror stories. Don't think for a second that they don't know what's in the box. Most of the drivers do not have sticky fingers but the people that sort the packages do. Their claims process is a pain in the butt but they will actually pay; just have a little patience.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Companies selling ammo online should not include their name/logo on the box in my opinion. Granted that wouldn't completely eliminate revealing the contents due to DOT shipping label requirements, but it might help.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
        Companies selling ammo online should not include their name/logo on the box in my opinion. Granted that wouldn't completely eliminate revealing the contents due to DOT shipping label requirements, but it might help.
        Ammunitiontogo has an option when you order that it comes in a blank box. The name also says ATG. Now I’m not sure what information is provided to the package delivery man and given the weight, one might be privy to know what’s inside.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post

There's almost nothing else that is so small and so heavy as ammunition short of ordering lengths of chain. Trust me, the UPS people know exactly what's in the box even if it doesn't have a return address on the label.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
            Cluster fuck. Bought 1k rounds of .40 S/W from Freedom Munitions. Basically, someone at UPS stole the box. Anyone having this issue lately ?
            I filed a "claim" and thats a total beat down cluster Ive been fighting for a week. Freedom munitions wont do anything until the claim is settled. Meanwhile, I hope they have some .40 in stock, I want my shit...
            Tell them your contacting the ATF in 24 hours so that they are aware of what may be a federal crime

Comment

So it was lost before it even left the facility? Not left on your door/porch showing as delivered and it was stolen?

Comment

Shouldn't it be up to the shipper/seller to file the claim? They should send you your shit immediately and deal with UPS themselves.
                G'Day Mate

Comment

I just ordered 1k rounds of 9mm..... now I’m worried it may get Shanghai’d.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    So it was lost before it even left the facility? Not left on your door/porch showing as delivered and it was stolen?
                    It was stolen at UPS in Austin.. Our driver is a cool guy. I talk to him at work all the time. He said it was supposed to be on his truck that day. When he stopped at my place he couldn't find it. He said he searched around at the hub after we talked. He flat out told me he believed someone stole it because they knew it was ammo...

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      I just ordered 1k rounds of 9mm..... now I’m worried it may get Shanghai’d.
                      Where did you find a place with 1k in stock?
                      "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

I was actually looking for 9mm brass since ammo is so hard to find. At Natchez when I typed in 9mm brass they had a 1k box of CCI blazer brass in stock. I added it to my cart and viola; lucky day. I’m pretty sure it was their last / only box.

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                          Where did you find a place with 1k in stock?
                          You gotta watch the ammo sellers. They sell out quick. Just hit the websites regularly and watch for deals.

And based on what the Democrat platform looks like, ammo will be there first target... Get it now

Update - PSA has 9mm in stock this morning.. buy now... (Palmetto State Armory)
                          Last edited by dcs13; 07-31-2020, 06:07 AM. Reason: added

Comment

I felt sorry for someone about 8 months ago. I was doing maintenance on our sorter at work and found 450 rounds of 9mm inside the machine. The package it was in was torn up and gone. All the 50 round boxes were so small they fell down into the machine. We found the other 50 rounds throughout other conveyors leading up to the sorter. I turned them in to our QA people, but without the original label there wasn't much they could do unless someone called. Yes the package handlers and drivers all find out real quick what's inside packages.
                            92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                              I was actually looking for 9mm brass since ammo is so hard to find. At Natchez when I typed in 9mm brass they had a 1k box of CCI blazer brass in stock. I added it to my cart and viola; lucky day. I’m pretty sure it was their last / only box.
                              Missed out

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                              You gotta watch the ammo sellers. They sell out quick. Just hit the websites regularly and watch for deals.

And based on what the Democrat platform looks like, ammo will be there first target... Get it now

Update - PSA has 9mm in stock this morning.. buy now... (Palmetto State Armory)
                              Just bought this. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X