X-Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Products

So I purchased an X-Products side charging upper back on Black Friday for my 300 Blackout SBR build. The first one I received has a terrible finish and damaged threads. I contact them and the replaced it quickly, so thumbs up for that.

Fast forward to June and my Form 1's are approved. So I go to start assembly of the 300....well my Seekins Precision MCSR V2 RAIL won't fit because it hits the rail that guides the sidecharger. No problem, I'll use it for the 9mm SBR I'm also building. So I look around and settle on a F1 Firearms C7K - AR-15 CONTOURED HANDGUARD. Same song, Second Verse.....It wont fit either, but this time it's because the 2 little prongs that are supposed to align the rail with the one of the upper won't fit over the upper.

So the only thing I can come up with is that X-Products didn't mill this upper to the correct size.....or they just want you to use their handgurads. Either way I'm not buying another handguard so I'll just make the F1 fit. A little work with a stone and I should be able to get the .01 of an inch clearance I need to make it fit.

Well so much for that idea. I took a stone to the handguard and was able to make it where it would fight onto the upper. Only problem is once you put the barrel nut on and torque it the handguard can't slide back far enough for the holes to line up. I've never had any issues like this with any other build and it's pissing me off beyond belief. To top it all off...the $70 Magpul armorer's wrench I just bought also won't fit the Seekins barrel nut on my other upper.

So lesson of the day....save your money on the magpul wrench and avoid x-products like the fucking plague

Comment

Seekins barrel nut takes a 2 pin armorers tool not the 3 tooth spanner wrench type.

I feel your pain. Back in the day, DD didn't include their proprietary barrel nut wrench. It was $10 and overnight freight for me to get in the game. Now they put them in their handguard kits that use that same nut. So I have 4 or 5 of them bastards in my tool box.

How long is the MCSR V2 RAIL that you bought?
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I used a Seekins rail before and had to buy a set of crows foot wrenches to install that one and assumed it was the same. Problem I'm running into is that I can't find a 2 pin barrel nut wrench that's made for a torque wrench. I've got some shims coming to try and remedy that X-products disaster of an upper I have.

I believe that MCSR V2 that I bought was a 10 inch...

Comment

Their mags work well but are absurdly pricy. I have 2 and rarely use them.

Comment

Well with the help of a different armorer's wrench and some shims I had found I was able to get both SBR's together last night. Hopefully I can function test the soon!

Comment

Working...
            X