02 Harley f150 Longtubes headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 Harley f150 Longtubes headers

Who has done this, any tips hints etc???

wanting to add LT's to my lighting but not sure what brand to go with. I've heard that kooks headers usually fit the best

What brand did u go with?

Comment

Subscribing, I've got an 03 anniversary edition

Comment

Ok, so I'm on a budget (race car is at HPP, baby is due in 2 months, and currently closing on a house in Plano). I went with OBX headers off of EBay, The welds look good, and everything I have researched says that they are legit. Progress so far is the passenger side is a PITA! First you need to soak the header bolts in PBR for a couple days, (you don't want them breaking off in the head). You need to remove the wheel well, ( makes it alot easier). Next you need to remove the starter, ( a must). After you remove the starter , loosen the motor mount, and lift the engine. Everything should slip into place from here. I will update everyone on the drivers side.
        Last edited by wickedblkgt; 03-18-2017, 10:07 AM.

Comment

wow congrats chris on all your ventures and moving out of mesquitoville besides your little one that's on the way is the best thing you got going!!!!
          RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Comment

Very excited to meet baby Jocelyn. I'm going to see if one of the neighbors can move so you and your family can move in����. When I get the exhaust done and the car back from HPP, you need to come over.

Comment

This seems like too much work for headers.

Comment

Kids are fun.

Enjoy the cars while you can
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                  Kids are fun.

Enjoy the cars while you can
                  Thanks Don!!!!

Comment

Don't know if anyone cares, but I have updates. The drivers side is cake, the only problem I had was tightening the front 2 lower bolts. I have some shorty wrenches and some swivels, and all is good. If anyone has a 5.4 F150, I highly suggest OBX Longtube headers and Magna Flow mufflers, they sound real deep and throaty.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
                      Ok, so I'm on a budget (race car is at HPP, baby is due in 2 months, and currently closing on a house in Plano). I went with OBX headers off of EBay, The welds look good, and everything I have researched says that they are legit. Progress so far is the passenger side is a PITA! First you need to soak the header bolts in PBR for a couple days, (you don't want them breaking off in the head). You need to remove the wheel well, ( makes it alot easier). Next you need to remove the starter, ( a must). After you remove the starter , loosen the motor mount, and lift the engine. Everything should slip into place from here. I will update everyone on the drivers side.
                      You could of just bought the kooks for the truck and used next years tax return money to pay HPP. They seem to keep cars for at least a year.

Comment

Working...
                      X