DFW BBQ Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFW BBQ Tour

As mentioned in the Pecan Lodge thread. Would anybody be interested in doing a tour of some of the local BBQ joints in the area? Probably hit up a BBQ joint every couple of weeks or so (or maybe two if your gut can handle it) for an early lunch before it gets to crowded. Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there to see if there is any interest.

that sounds like a lot of fun, we could do a vote at the end of every trip, tally the votes at the end, and rank the bbq joints.

Comment

I'm game. Great idea.

Comment

I'm game too.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend hitting two in a day. For any bbq to be judged fairly, you need to be there early. The longer it sits in a hot box, the more dry it becomes. Even the best of the best can quickly be ruined by it sitting too long.

I'll make as many of these as I can.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

anyone want to put a little trophy together to give to the bbq joint that comes out on top? maybe have it say dfwmustangs approved?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                anyone want to put a little trophy together to give to the bbq joint that comes out on top? maybe have it say dfwmustangs approved?
                If someone wanted to make a list of all the bbq spots, set out dates, come up with a rating system, then tell the owners of the bbq places of the sites intention. Maybe they'll express the food to avoid the wait, or maybe even a discount.

OR you guys could contact Jared and get RKC on board?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                  OR you guys could contact Jared and get RKC on board?
                  I'd actually like to eat some of the BBQ myself.

Comment

Shit... Beat me to it.

Im in.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      gayest thing ever posted? if so let me know and i will have mstng86 whip up a little trophy or something!

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                        I'd actually like to eat some of the BBQ myself.
                        lolol!

Speaking of the ginger, I heard he sold a bunch of shirts for his turtle party, spent their money, cant pay the t shirt printer, and hasnt refunded their money. He goes to church every sunday btw

Comment

He goes to church every sunday btw
                          so do i, but i'd rip that fat fuckers tits off if he owed me money.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                            so do i, but i'd rip that fat fuckers tits off if he owed me money.

god bless.
                            Those aren't worth any money. You could probably start a big fire though.

Comment

lolol!

Speaking of the ginger, I heard he sold a bunch of shirts for his turtle party, spent their money, cant pay the t shirt printer, and hasnt refunded their money. He goes to church every sunday btw
                              Fuck that fucking fucker in his fucking face.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X