No announcement yet.

Your Next NFA Item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compared to a un-suppressed .45 I am thinking that's pretty good! He's also not wearing hearing protection if that means anything to you. Listen to the volume of his voice compared to the report. You can also run these 'wet" and that seems to help as well. .45 is not the easiest round to suppress to start with and this can is one the better options to get it done. Not to mention you can shoot 9mm and smaller calibers through it. Also you notice how the first shot is louder and then they get quieter. This is pretty normal for any can.
    Last edited by inline 6; 05-30-2016, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
      So what I hear is we need a suppressor/SBR range day?

I thought about picking up a 9mm dedicated lower to SBR and I might after my next R&R. I already have a Gemtech Tundra to use on it.

Gemtech Outback II .22 (an old one before the cleaning friendly version came out)
      Gemtech Tundra 9mm
      Gemtech G5 5.56
      Sparrow .22
      Specwar 7.62

I think another .22 like the Gemtech 10/22 integral barrel would free up one of my current ones for a pistol and I leave the other on my SBR .22 AR.

And another 5.56 for another SBR I have.
      Yes, we need a range day.
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
        Yes, we need a range day.
        Maybe an indoor suppressor only shoot at Shoot Smart when I get home next.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Said fuck it and ordered a 9mm colt style dedicated lower that will hope fukly make it in time to get sbred submitted before the deadline.
          Jon

Comment

Generally a 45 suppressor is safe without ears provided you hold it directly in front of you in an isosciles stance. If you turn the gun one way or another, a mag might make your ears ring. It also depends on how long your arms are, from my experience. Shooting wet like mentioned above is hearing safe.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I have a bunch of cans waiting in what feels like purgatory so I decided to double down and ordered 6 more over the weekend. I wanted a .50 cal can but could not find one in stock anywhere; any pointers to one in stock would be greatly appreciated.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                I have a bunch of cans waiting in what feels like purgatory so I decided to double down and ordered 6 more over the weekend. I wanted a .50 cal can but could not find one in stock anywhere; any pointers to one in stock would be greatly appreciated.
                You know if we have a Suppressor Only shoot, you are gonna have to attend?

Guys, I might put one together at Shoot Smart in similar fashion to my last one back in 2011. Fuck it has been that long since we did that! Maybe call it an NFA shoot and use their front set of ranges for suppressors and the back for SBR and full auto.....if there are any select fire owners that want to bring.

I'm thinking late July or early August.

Comment

^^^^ I am in if you give me the time and place.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

I've been eyeballing a Kriss Vector that I want to SBR and then suppress. Haven't quite talked myself into it yet though.
                      Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

^^^^ I am in if you give me the time and place.
                        Challenge accepted.

The last one, 2011, was a fucking hit. I rented the range for 2hrs after they closed and we blasted the shit out of that place. Afterwards we hit up BJs for a drink or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                          Challenge accepted.

The last one, 2011, was a fucking hit. I rented the range for 2hrs after they closed and we blasted the shit out of that place. Afterwards we hit up BJs for a drink or 2.
                          That was good fun! The one out near Venus in Nov. '14 was a blast too.
                          QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                            SBR scar17
                            Man, I have a friend that has a SCAR 17S, with the normal length barrel. I shot his at the range a couple years ago, and I like those guns a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
                              That was good fun! The one out near Venus in Nov. '14 was a blast too.
                              Funny, but I think the "armory" forum has some of the best get togethers out of the entire board in the past 5 or 6 years. There have been some good shooting G2G and I know I have had at least 3 great build parties. Maybe it is time for another.

Comment

I'm in

Comment

Working...
                                X