Finally picked up a Sig and a Glock 43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally picked up a Sig and a Glock 43

So I picked up a Sig 239 a few months back off of Texas Gun Trader. I've been looking for a more concealable gun as I normally carry a full size 1911 or a Glock 21 and I wanted something with more capacity and easier reloading than my LCR.

I thought I'd fall in love with the 239 but I didn't Obviously I knew it was going to be heavy for what it is but what really turned me off is how bulky it felt; mainly the long barrel and how top heavy it felt. That and what I was afraid was going to be the real turn off, the DA/SA trigger. Recoil is fine but I just can't get used to the transition between DA and SA. Plus the hammer drop is a little snappier than what I thought it would be but that's a minor annoyance compared to the trigger.

So I decided to go with a Glock 43. I've previously carried a Glock 27, 26, 23 and 19 for a number of years so the 43 made sense to me. I picked up this Talo Edition Glock 43 this afternoon and I'm pretty impressed with how it feels in my hands. I hadn't touched one before but I had handled a couple of 42's at the last gun show I went to and I knew this was a tad bit bigger. I hope to take it to the range tomorrow and see if I'm sold on it but I'm sure I will be and the 239 will likely be up for sale here shortly.

And a size comparison to the Glock 21 that I've been carrying since last summer.

As a side note, I bought the 239 while I was in the hospital from a guy in San Antonio off of Texas Gun Trader. We both thought we would have to go through an FFL to handle the shipping but after texting back and forth with likeitfast55, it turned out it wasn't necessary since it was "within the state" and would be fine to ship it through FedEx. Thanks Randy for the advice! I was a little nervous sending the money order to the guy but after talking to him over a couple of days, I was confident there would be no problems and I was right.

Eventually I'd like to pick up a 226 with maybe a DAK trigger on it. There's something about a Sig that I like but unfortunately the 239 didn't do it for me.

Yep, trust with a total stranger is a precarious thing. I have taken that leap of faith a few times and I am very selective on doing it. I use USPS money orders.
    I have been told that it is a federal crime to defraud someone by mail using a USPS M.O. I don't know if affords you a better chance of recouping your money,
    maybe someone that knows can chime in on that.

Very nice choices! If you are up this way, give me a shout and we will go to Shoot Smart. It is just around the corner from me.

Comment

I hear ya, trust is a hard thing to come by on the internet. But I felt pretty confident after talking to him on the phone and luckily didn't get burned. And ya I believe it is a federal crime to defraud someone via a USPS Money Order.

Don't think I'll be making it up that way for a while but I'll let you know if I do man. And I might hit you up if I decided to sell the 239 on Gun Broker. Just trying to sell it locally for now. Thanks.

Comment

Roger

Comment

The 43 is a great gun but I am curious if you considered the XDs in 9mm? It carries an extra round even with the flush mag and 1 more with the extension. It is a bit heavier...but I love this shit out of my .45 XDs.

Comment

Ya I considered both the XDs and the Shield. In the end, my familiarity with Glock is what swayed me. Even though they don't use the same magazine, a 17 and 19 will likely be in my future.

I have shot the .45 XDs though and liked the size, the caliber, but not the recoil. Even though it wouldn't be a range gun that I shot a lot, the 9mm won me over for capacity and weight (although the 43 doesn't carry a whole lot more than an .45 XDs).

Comment

Working...
            X