No announcement yet.

Mesquite gun show turns into SHOT show.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesquite gun show turns into SHOT show.

At the mesquite guns show looking for a stamped AK ( nothing worthwhile ) and, while getting my gun show massage, somebody's gun pops one off about 30 yards from me.

No one hurt. I think it was a display gun that still had one in the pipe.

Good times

Damn. Glad no one was hurt. Considering as many shows as I have been to over the years as both an exhibitor and a buyer it is shocking that I have never see or heard a ND in person.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Did everyone panic or was it just kind of a "meh" situation and everyone went back to business? I can only imagine people at a gun show would be relatively calm if no one was hit.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        Did everyone panic or was it just kind of a "meh" situation and everyone went back to business? I can only imagine people at a gun show would be relatively calm if no one was hit.
        No panic. Just a bunch of us throwing glances at each other, then after realizing it was just one shot, meaning prob not active shooter, and no one screaming and dying, the vendor was universally derided as a dumbass while he was told by security to pack up his shit and get out.

Then I finished my massage

Comment

I was at a Ft Worth gun show a few years back and someone popped off a .22lr inside. Then another time, I had just left and someone discharged their CCW into the bathroom stall.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
            I was at a Ft Worth gun show a few years back and someone popped off a .22lr inside. Then another time, I had just left and someone discharged their CCW into the bathroom stall.
            I worked with a gentleman a long time ago that discharged his duty weapon in a Arlington PD bathroom and it went up into the office above the bathroom. Apparently he thought it was a brilliant idea to hang his duty weapon on the clothes hook on the door.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

How as the AR panic and prices?
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Lots of AR selection and decent prices. I brought one of my more basic AR's to unload if the prices were right, but no such luck.... Yet.

Almost no AK selection. Saw one Romanian that looked okay, but nothing worth writing home about. All the rest were century's.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                  Lots of AR selection and decent prices. I brought one of my more basic AR's to unload if the prices were right, but no such luck.... Yet.

Almost no AK selection. Saw one Romanian that looked okay, but nothing worth writing home about. All the rest were century's.
                  Interesting. I would expect a little more craziness. We will see at the fort worth show this weekend.
                  Also, buy and selling guns for profit is illegal, just a friendly reminder.
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                    Interesting. I would expect a little more craziness. We will see at the fort worth show this weekend.
                    Also, buy and selling guns for profit is illegal, just a friendly reminder.
                    Was selling to buy the AK to enhance my collection.

Comment

Was out there Saturday.

Good selection of ARs out there at decent prices.

Hysteria hasn't hit yet.....

Comment

Wait until after today's bills to gauge the "panic" buying.

Just curious, was a it a private sell gun? I thought there usually was a LEO on inspections to ensure guns brought in are clear.
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post

Just curious, was a it a private sell gun? I thought there usually was a LEO on inspections to ensure guns brought in are clear.
                          Most likely a vendor...

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that some vendors out at the shows have absolutely NO idea what the hell they are selling or what they are talking about?

One guy didn't know the difference between a keymod and M-Lok attachment.

Seems to be an increased percentage the last couple of years....

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post

Vendor's.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                              Damn. Glad no one was hurt. Considering as many shows as I have been to over the years as both an exhibitor and a buyer it is shocking that I have never see or heard a ND in person.
                              Were you selling full auto grenade launchers?
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X