any corvette "junkyards" around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any corvette "junkyards" around?

in need of some parts for a c6 z06... thanks for any info..
    2012 f150 lariat
    2004 ford lightning
    2008 chevy duramax 4x4
    2008 dodge mega cab 4x4
    2008 f150 lariat 4x4

Bowling Green, in the bottom of a hole!!

That was impressive!

Comment

There are only two Z06's showing up in URG's database. LKQ might have some but good luck. Most yards will sell the drivetrain complete and crush the rest.

Comment

Your best bet may be a wanted post on corvetteforum. I've been able to get difficult expensive parts for my ZR-1 for a good deal that way.

Comment

Originally posted by garycrist View Post
          Bowling Green, in the bottom of a hole!!

That was impressive!
          I thought it was rather sad the 40th any ZR-1 was really awful. I think it is in display in its destroyed state to commemorate the disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            I thought it was rather sad the 40th any ZR-1 was really awful. I think it is in display in its destroyed state to commemorate the disaster.
            Then you won't want to hear this. My uncle worked at Mercury Marine when they were building the LT5's. When Chevy/GM told them the project was done, they had to make sure there was enough motors to complete the remaining cars scheduled to be made, and make sure there was enough replacement parts to meet corporate standards for replacement/warranty parts.

Whatever was left beyond that they were told to recycle, it was a significant amount.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
              Then you won't want to hear this. My uncle worked at Mercury Marine when they were building the LT5's. When Chevy/GM told them the project was done, they had to make sure there was enough motors to complete the remaining cars scheduled to be made, and make sure there was enough replacement parts to meet corporate standards for replacement/warranty parts.

Whatever was left beyond that they were told to recycle, it was a significant amount.
              I've heard that story through the grapevine. Lots of inventory destroyed. Hats off to your uncle for building them so well. At 67k you can still idle the engine with a nickel balanced on end on mine. It pulls hard all the way to redline too. I'd be honored to buy the man beer if the opportunity presented itself.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post

I remember seeing one person in Detroit with 5 Ford GT engines for sale. The scrap companies around there make an absolute killing with stuff they basically get for free.

The saddest thing I remember was selling the last set of SN95 doors ever stamped. They were signed by the employees at the plant and I think I got $1100 for the pair.

Comment

Working...
                X