Vinyl Graphics for Walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl Graphics for Walls

I need some large walls covered with graphics/murals at work. If you do this or know someone that does, please PM me. These are areas that are 10' high and between 20-35 feet long. I'll have the artwork. TIA

-B

I don't know anybody that does that, but look at those billboards that say You can advertise here! Bet they can hook ya up.

Comment

Call a sign shop..

Comment

Try this place:
        BSG Wraps is a Fort Worth / Dallas Vehicle Wraps shop. Whether you need a boat wrap, car wrap or something else wrapped, we can help you!

Ask for Skip and tell him Blake with the Mustangs sent you. I can't promise a super-hook up but he should at least be competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
          I don't know anybody that does that, but look at those billboards that say You can advertise here! Bet they can hook ya up.
          I'll check, but usually they just own the signs/space I believe.
          Originally posted by Chili View Post
          Call a sign shop..
          I've gotten 2 quotes, one for 13K and one for 17K. I'm both trying to find a better price but also trying to see if this is going rate. Both places that have returned my calls do work nationally, so I'm hoping local will be better.

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
          Try this place:
          BSG Wraps is a Fort Worth / Dallas Vehicle Wraps shop. Whether you need a boat wrap, car wrap or something else wrapped, we can help you!

Ask for Skip and tell him Blake with the Mustangs sent you. I can't promise a super-hook up but he should at least be competitive.
          Perfect. Thanks!

Comment

They should know who can print the graphic that gets hung up there, I would think.
            I knew a guy who worked at one of the print shops, but that was in 2000, he may be dead by now!

Comment

Lots of local sign shops can print the wall graphics that you are looking for. Here are a few things to keep in mind for this project.

Depending upon the height of the walls it may need to be printed in multiple pieces, or "tiled". There are some digital presses around town that can print up to 16' wide. Print resolution and quality is normally better on the machines not quite that wide. Many of the newer 10' wide printers have very good print quality.

25'-35' feet is no problem, most rolls of vinyl are 100' long although the first & last 10-12' on each roll may not be usable depending upon how much is needed to thread the press.

Width will be determined by the printing press used. The installer may need to cut it into manageable sections during the installation. The wall features may dictate this also if not perfectly flat.

The billboard sign printers use equipment with resolution that might not be up to what you are looking for quality wise in a wall that will be viewed up close for long periods of time. There are very few players left in that market nationally as it has very low margins. There is one in Dallas just off 635.

The wall itself will factor into the material used to print on. There are several types of adhesive available in wall graphic substrates. Outside or inside will be a big factor in the materials used, as is clean removability down the road. If the person giving you quotes isn't asking questions about this bring it up yourself. A harsh environment, such as a vehicle wrap, will require an over laminate for best results,....probably not needed in your case.

Art supplied by most customers who aren't normal print buyers is sub par for the printing process. Supply the best art you possibly can. A good printing company will have someone who can offer suggestions and prep the files for best printing.

Here are a few companies to look at who do everyday what you are looking for. These are commercial printers who won't be the cheapest price but the quality will be there as will the turn time. All have up to date equipment that use inks that will not fade. I've bought hundreds of thousands of dollars of print as overflow production from these guys without problem while at my former employer. My current & former employers are not in the market for your project so I cannot help with an in-house hookup.

Diesel Displays
              Superior Graphics
              Performance POP
              Gigantic Color
              Spartan Printing

These are lots of smaller places around town, I'm only familiar with the higher volume ones.

Can send contact info via PM if needed.

Jonathan
              Last edited by slow84lx; 04-21-2017, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X