IFAK, Trauma, Tourniquet Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFAK, Trauma, Tourniquet Kits

Who carries one and what do you carry? Any thoughts/suggestions/recommendations on where to buy a ready made kit? Other than an old military FAK and another cheap one I picked up a Walmart, I'm really in need to get a new one plus something I can more easily carry on my person. Plus I need the addition of a tourniquet and a blood clotting agent. Discuss.

IFAK, Trauma, Tourniquet Kits

I have a rats tourniquet I got in one of those monthly box things seems to be one of the goto’s now. I like it cause it’s fairly small could put it in a pocket and not take up much room. I currently have it in my range bag just Incase something we’re to happen.
    As for a the blood clot option I have a package of quickclot in my truck my tool box and my range bag can pick it up at cvs or Walgreens for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After consulting friend working in ER and served as combat medic, the conclusion is that if you can keep on top of the clotting agent expiration date and knows how to use them, keep both pressure dressing and hemostatic agent in your kit. But for civilian (non-battle field) application, tourniquet, gauze and Israeli Battle Dressing (IBD) is a much more practical combination.

Comment

I carry this one in my right lower pocket and I keep much larger kits in all of my cars and work trucks.

The biggest kit in the world won't make a difference if it's sitting in camp while you're in the field.
        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 12-03-2017, 08:34 AM.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

NAR CAT:

Israeli:
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

The SOE Ventilated Operator Kit is a good one too.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Cheaper than dirt

Comment

I built my own for the shooting range / hunting lease. It is too large to pocket carry, though. It has celox, israili bandage, gauze, tourniquit, tampons, a few sutures, pair of emt shears, and maybe a few others. Our lease is far enough away from an ambulance that all that stuff is probably necessary, and outside of deer season we are able to target practice there too. Chose celox over quickclot because it is supposed to work better on people who are on blood thinners. Also keep a much larger general first aid kit in each vehicle.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I try to carry a TQ and pair of gloves all the time. Then have a TQ, OLAES bandage, shears, tape, and gloves in each car

Try both the following courses

Then find a CPR for Healthcare Provider course to take

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
                    Cheaper than dirt
                    Don't spend money with those fucks.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Thanks everybody for their feedback. I know better than to deal with Expensive as Shit. Good to know that the blood clotting stuff has a shelf life. Any idea what the shelf life and cost is? Probably better to go with the IBD and TQ but just exploring all options.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                        Don't spend money with those fucks.
                        Fuck everything about CTD.

Comment

Working...
                        X