Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a single thread on the GT500s 4225 lb curb weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Holy shit...$60K in GT mods?!?! Or do you mean the cost of the car + Mods is 60K?

Cars have gotten stupid expensive though now...
    Car+mods, I'm not sitting on a cowskin, spending $60k in mods on a new car is nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
      I've $60k+ in my GT, and that's with minimal exterior mods, and only springs in terms of suspension. Dealer markup aside t$80k isn't giraffe pu$$y, cars and trucks are just getting to be that damn expensive when optioned out. That's to say that you couldn't build one for that, the add-ons are being done so reasonably.
      You are correct sir, I was up at the new SPFS Ford in Plano last Saturday looking at a 2019 GT, a new Roush GT (No blower) $65k MSRP, I couldn't believe it. I mean you got everything but a blower, suspension, bumper covers, exhaust, wheels and tires, gauges and seats. The hood was closed so I'm assuming CAI and Roush tune, but I thought that was ridunkculas!
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

When are they going to kick out a new cobra R?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          You are correct sir, I was up at the new SPFS Ford in Plano last Saturday looking at a 2019 GT, a new Roush GT (No blower) $65k MSRP, I couldn't believe it. I mean you got everything but a blower, suspension, bumper covers, exhaust, wheels and tires, gauges and seats. The hood was closed so I'm assuming CAI and Roush tune, but I thought that was ridunkculas!
          My 15 GT premium stickered for $47k. I payed $38k for it. When we went to look at an 18 mode with all the same options as my 15 it was $56k. So I got a used 16 for $26k instead. I'll probably never buy a new car again. used only for me.

Comment

Shit, now they got cup holders for foxes. I ain't got no time for all dat weight yo!

Comment

i'd rather have this! this ford dealership does all sorts of modded carsales https://www.lebanonfordperformance.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                Car+mods, I'm not sitting on a cowskin, spending $60k in mods on a new car is nuts.
                What about $15 on the far and $40 on mods? Insane? It’s under 3k lbs and makes 525 hp and holds 1.07 g on a skidpad.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                  When are they going to kick out a new cobra R?
                  A track ready cobra with no backseat and some weight reduction?

You mean like, oh, a GT350R?

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    What about $15 on the far and $40 on mods? Insane? It’s under 3k lbs and makes 525 hp and holds 1.07 g on a skidpad.
                    That sounds like building a racecar, not upgrading a comfortable DD. Someone that doesn't race often will spend that $55k very differently, apples and coconuts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                      A track ready cobra with no backseat and some weight reduction?

You mean like, oh, a GT350R?
                      No red r with a cobra wrapped in it. Not a cobra r.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                        No red r with a cobra wrapped in it. Not a cobra r.
                        You are not going to see the Cobra R moniker for a long, long time now that Ford got the Shelby , GT350, and GT500 names printing money.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                          You are not going to see the Cobra R moniker for a long, long time now that Ford got the Shelby , GT350, and GT500 names printing money.
                          I know what you mean. I’d love to have a 93 R to take to car shows. Every since I put the 95 cobra r wheels on my fox when I was a teenager I’ve been a fan of the R.

Comment

Damn...more than a single cab truck
                            Originally posted by Da Prez
                            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I have yet to see someone hold the engineers toes to the fire in a AMA or press interview, but someone should.

4200 pounds is unbelievably bloated. The car better be seriously, and i mean seriously underrated horsepower wise.

The 2019-2020 GT350 got all the same Predator engine upgrades to the Voodoo motor, so i am considering getting a GT350 and putting a whipple or TT kit on it and calling it a day, if i get a new car next year like hopefully im planning on. We will see. I have been "planning" on getting a new car for about 10 years now.

Comment

That wasnt an engineering call...that was a business call that lead to to the weight gain.

Engineers just design to the requirements set out by the BD guys or management team. It's like blaming a wide receiver for bad play calling.

And the BD guys are responding to where the money is so blame the customer base (obviously they get this wrong at times too...but I would doubt it here).

Comment

Working...
                                X