Revolvers anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolvers anyone?

Anyone else enjoy shooting revolvers? I know it's old tech, but there is something about it, I enjoy. I actually acquired another one recently, just because they are so much fun. I'm also find I shoot them a bit more accurate in the longer barrel versions.

I have two of them myself and wouldn't want to part with either. Both are S&W .357 magnum, one with a 2" and the other with a 4" barrel.

Comment

I have a few. My usual carry weapon is an LCRx but my favorite gun to shoot is an N frame S&W .357 I inherited from my dad. It's just a little expensive to practice with. It's way overkill and it's funny to try and imagine my 150 pound dad shooting that thing.

He was carjacked downtown one day and went to the first gun store he saw and bought the biggest pistol they had. After retiring from the Air Force he worked for Pinkertons as a commissioned security guard so he was used to carrying a .38 special, although he never had to shoot it after training. I guess he thought that .357 was close enough.

Comment

I have several, I've only shot 3 of the 8 or 10 I own.

Comment

After owning several semi-auto various caliber handguns I picked up a Taurus 605 Poly Protector .357 magnum a couple years ago so I would have at least one wheel gun in the safe. Fiber optic front sight, great ergos, shoots really nice and feels like a quality piece. Not bad for $250 BNIB at the Dallas gun show

Comment

My 9mm sp101 is probably my favorite
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

S&W 686 4” 7 shot Stainless.

Comment

Out of my little collection of S&W revolvers, my police return Model 64 stainless .38 is my favorite shooter.

Comment

Nice guns all.

I shot a Dan Wesson 715 a friend had about a year ago, and really liked it a lot. He was surprised how accurate I was with it even in double action. Dry fire drills do pay off.

After that I went to a gunshow looking for a nice 357 caliber, and picked up a Colt Trooper in 357 since it was priced reasonably and I've always liked my Colt 1911s. I really like 38 special / 357 so much. I decided to go a bit bigger.

My most recent purchase is a S&W model 657 which they do not make anymore in 41 magnum. Since I reload, I was willing to get this caliber. It was one of Elmer Keith's last designs. I was actually looking for a blue model 57, but the 657 was priced right and it's a bit rare.

Now I'm thinking about getting a lever gun in 357 or 41 mag to match (or maybe both eventually).

I'm really hearing great things about conceal carry revolvers too, and may need to pick one up in 357 as well. I don't think I'd want to shoot a short barrel revolver in a bigger caliber.

Comment

I have been wanting a .44 mag Model 29 and only recently gotten enough money saved up for one. Now if only I could find one in good shape. Always wanted one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                      I have been wanting a .44 mag Model 29 and only recently gotten enough money saved up for one. Now if only I could find one in good shape. Always wanted one.
                      It was researching Model 29s that led me to want a Model 57. And then I saw a great price on a 657, and just had to do it.

I really want to save up and get a new 2020 python, but sadly they are stainless only, but Python.....

Comment

My FIL love revolvers and have thought about getting him a revolver rifle just because they make them.

Comment

I just picked up a ruger wrangler to teach my kids about revolvers. Haven’t shot it yet but they will learn with it and a Henry golden boy before they can move up to the really fun stuff.

Comment

That revolver rifle is cool.

BMC, please let me know how you like the Wrangler. I’m tempted to get one. I may get a Cricket rifle for my kiddo to start with.

Comment

My only wheel gun is a Performance Center S&W 629. I've shot several non-PC 629s and always liked them. It also is easy with both it and my Desert Eagle shooting 44 mag. Both are serious big guns, but fun to shoot, you just go broke fast.
                              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                              86 SVO - Sold
                              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X