Mini 14 Ranch rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini 14 Ranch rifle

How many of ya'll have one? Thinking about picking one up if I can find a good deal on one.

Just got one new in box from a friend that had several for a very good price. I'm looking forward to shooting it soon. It really is just a baby Garand, which is kind of cool to me. The rear peep is probably too large, which may be one of the "accuracy" knocks on the rifle, but I will check it out. The included 5 round mag is really small and disappears up into the stock, but it did come with scope rings if I decide to go that route. A 1x8 might be nice on it.

Comment

Found one locally that is the basic wood stock with 5 round mag for $600...looks to be mint. Cheapest I have seen one in quite a long time.

Comment

First gun I ever bought, picked it up on my 18th birthday and still works great 17 years later. Mine is the older version without the top scope mounts.

Comment

I bought one years ago, and ended up selling it shortly after. I didn’t like the magazine system. I’m not sure if it was just mine, but it was hard to lock/angle the Mag in where it would feed smoothly.

Interestingly enough I went with a Socom 16 with the same type of magazine system and I have zero issues. But I do love my Socom

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
            I bought one years ago, and ended up selling it shortly after. I didn’t like the magazine system. I’m not sure if it was just mine, but it was hard to lock/angle the Mag in where it would feed smoothly.

Interestingly enough I went with a Socom 16 with the same type of magazine system and I have zero issues. But I do love my Socom
            But isn't your Socom chambered in .308? Quite a bit more expensive than the Mini 14.

Comment

I had one for a short time. Accuracy was all over the place. Sold it.
              Last edited by FastFord19; 06-18-2020, 02:58 PM.

Comment

I've got one. Completely forgot I had it.

Comment

Well the seller told me he would take $500 for it so I said yes....judging by what people are asking for them on TGT if I decide I don't like it I can sell it for considerably more than I am paying for it.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
                    I had one for a short time. Accuracy was all over the place. Sold it.
                    Maybe the A team was realistic after all?

I have been wanting one. I have two M1As and like the action so I figure I might like this gun.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I had one back in the mid 90's. Beautiful gun and wish I still had it. Stainless steel with a folding Choate stock made it real compact. It was finicky about magazines and it to was all over with accuracy. Something about the thin profile barrel heating up after a lot of shooting.

Sounds like a good price especially if you want something different and doesn't look like a big black evil rifle. For me, I'd spend a little more money and get even a cheap AR.

Comment

I have one my dad bought me when i was 8yo, he passed away a few years later so that gun is worth its weight in gold to me...i have put thousands of rounds into it over the years. Accuracy is decent until the barrel heats up and then its all over the place..they sell a barrel stabilizer for it that helps a lot

Comment

had mine for about 20 years . dead on when i need it and great when i find a bunch of hogs in the pasture . dump 30 rounds into the pile quick . even my rem 3.06 will wonder off after about 10 rounds. only need one shot when hunting so no big deal . barrels get hot .

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                            I had one back in the mid 90's. Beautiful gun and wish I still had it. Stainless steel with a folding Choate stock made it real compact. It was finicky about magazines and it to was all over with accuracy. Something about the thin profile barrel heating up after a lot of shooting.

Sounds like a good price especially if you want something different and doesn't look like a big black evil rifle. For me, I'd spend a little more money and get even a cheap AR.
                            I already have a Ruger AR556...been looking for a Mini 14 for quite a while specifically because it doesn't look like a scary baby killing ASSAULT RIFLE!!
                            After reading a few reviews on various magazines for them I decided to try my luck on the Tapco 30 rd gen 2 mags which have great reviews...I was frustrated to find out that Tapco was shuttered in February and literally NOBODY has them in stock. Imagine my shock to find ONE vendor out of several hundred actually had some at the Dallas gun show. I bought 3 of them. If I don't like em I can probably sell them for a pretty penny

Comment

I bought factory Ruger mags from grabagun, but just 20 rounds. They should be here soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X