Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will 3-way car speakers sound better than 2-way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 3-way car speakers sound better than 2-way?

...in most cases? Let's say we're talking the same brand and series. Are there any cases where a 2-way speaker out-performs a 3-way? Better bass?
    Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

No. More ways does not equal better sound and has nothing to do with the bass performance. A quality 2 way will sound better (like Morel). However, some 6x9's are going to be a three way because of marketing. The JL Audio C2-690tx is a decent performer.
    A large, sealed environment will be best for 6x9 bass performance.

Comment

For the most part, 3-way speakers are a gimmick. You don't need a "super tweeter". That said, there are some really sick 3-way systems out there, where you get more of a dedicated midbass, and then say a 3" midrange, and a tweet. But many will argue that even that isn't necessary or it doesn't have benefits over a really nice 2-way set.

Don't waste the money.

Comment

Thanks. I was cruising crutchfield.com for speakers to replace the factory ones in my F150.

Comment

Has anyone replaced the rear speakers in a 2010 F150 regular cab? I only see one pin. I'm afraid to just yank the trim off.

Comment

You have to take the upper seatbelt mount off and there is probably a screw behind the airbag plug.
            The JL Audio C2-570CX are good.

Comment

Any idea how that seatbelt mount comes off?

I ended up ordering the Polk Audio db571 from Crutchfield. Buy one, get the second pair half off.

Comment

I have polk audio in my cobra but in the GT i had bought some Infinites and they were by far the best speaker I have heard, JL's are nice too...'H'
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by propellerhead View Post
                  Any idea how that seatbelt mount comes off?

I ended up ordering the Polk Audio db571 from Crutchfield. Buy one, get the second pair half off.
                  If you ordered them from crutchfield they will usually give you a very detailed how-to guide.

Comment

Unfortunately, Crutchfield only knows about the door speakers in a regular cab F150. Not the rear ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X