Kick Ass 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick Ass 2

This should be interesting. The first one was one of the most bizarrely unique and fucked up movies I've ever seen. Pretty impressive considering at base it's a simple super hero story; which has been done a million times over.

Many comic book movie fans have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of Kick-Ass 2 since the first film was released; still, the current outlook is less than encouraging. Kick-Ass co-writers Matthew Vaughn and Jane Goldman (Vaughn also directed) are passing on the followup to work on X-Men: First Class 2. Their replacement is writer/director Jeff Wadlow (Never Back Down); a candidate who’s inspired more wariness than high hopes.

Nonetheless, there are still healthy levels of interest (and excitement) from fans looking forward to Kick-Ass 2. Today, we have information to share about some of the more important plot points in the sequel.

It’s previously been reported that Kick-Ass creator Mark Millar’s comic book spinoff about Hit-Girl (which… er, hits shelves this week) will serve as the first act in Wadlow’s Kick-Ass 2 movie. Moviehole has garnered the following insight, with respect to what Mindy Macready/Hit-Girl (Chloë Grace Moretz) will be getting up to during that portion of the film:
    Hit-Girl’s identity is [widely] known by this point – and it evokes much nasty yabbering behind Mindy’s back by her schoolmates (she’s nicknamed “Captain Muffin-Muncher”)… But ‘Hit-Girl’, never one to shy away from a confrontation and seemingly always equipped with the perfect weapon of self defense, gets [revenge in]… let’s say, rather spectacular fashion. It involves gadgetry, projectile vomiting and much begging.

Millar’s Hit-Girl comic takes place before the events of his Kick-Ass 2 storyline; thus, it makes sense to start off the movie sequel with that plot thread. The darkly humorous first half should also help to ease viewers into the more shock-tastic portion of the film (for those unaware: some truly nasty stuff goes down in Kick-Ass 2, which is bound to generate even more controversy – and publicity – than its predecessor).

Meanwhile, Dave Lizewski/Kick-Ass (Aaron Johnson) will also have identity issues to deal with in the sequel. Literally, in fact, as Dave’s secret identity is revealed to “someone important. And it has repercussions.” By the sound of it, the plot buildup will be slightly different than Millar’s Kick-Ass 2 source material. Wadlow’s film will still culminate with an emotionally/physically-brutalized Dave reuniting with Mindy in order to assemble allies, for a “Balls to the Wall” fight with Red Mist (Christopher Mintze-Plasse) and his legion of masked villains.

For even more information about the Kick-Ass sequel, check out Moviehole‘s exclusive in its entirety.

Meanwhile, we’ll continue to keep you updated on Kick-Ass 2 as the project begins to take solid form – with an eye on production getting fully-underway later this year (early fall, most likely).

One of my favorite movies and my favorite action movie.

Far from the most fucked up movies. You wanna watch a fucked up movie watch Enter the Void

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post

Far from the most fucked up movies. You wanna watch a fucked up movie watch Enter the Void
      The docu-drama that covers the fetish world of gaping?

Comment

kick ass movie sucked ass

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
          kick ass movie sucked ass
          Someone ban him!!!!!
          Originally posted by talisman
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          Originally posted by AdamLX
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Because fuck you, that's why
          Originally posted by 80coupe
          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
          Originally posted by Rick Modena
          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Hell yeah, the first one was awesome. That's exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post

More like a really fucking stupid movie.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                hey man, what 24hr do you work at?

sorry for the random! LOL
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                  Maybe you should stick to watching reruns of bananza?

Comment

Slow moving projects
                    1964 C10 350/700r4
                    1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      hey man, what 24hr do you work at?

sorry for the random! LOL
                      I work at one in Round Rock just North of Austin. Enter the Void was the biggest pile of crap movie. The first 10 minutes or so seemed promising then it just went to random crappy artsy diarrhea.
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Jim Carrey???
                          Originally posted by talisman
                          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                          Originally posted by AdamLX
                          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          Because fuck you, that's why
                          Originally posted by 80coupe
                          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                          Originally posted by Rick Modena
                          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I'm in for dvd
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Watched the first one the other day and yes it was very bizarre but we kinda liked it.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X