No announcement yet.

Jackstand racing peeps???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My coupe is going on 5 years way too long, been having fun with a dd hatch though.
    01 Platinum Edition F-250
    99 F-150
    89 LX Notch
    93 LX Hatch

Comment

been jackstanding since jan 2010. if its not off stands before the end of the year it will be in the bottom of a lake!

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
        been jackstanding since jan 2010. if its not off stands before the end of the year it will be in the bottom of a lake!
        please strip it and pm me first..... Ill even pm you my address for the free delivery

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Mine is on stands in the corner of a shop right now with rearend all apart. Hopefully have it back together in a month or so.

Comment

Almost 2 full years here, still wish i never sold the combo. I didn't even get a chance to get wild with the block i had ( granted it was just a 302 but still ).
            1984 Mustang GT ( T-Tops ) "Beware of the 4-eyes" Sold - 2011
            www.angelfire.com/tx5/bombsquadracing
            1989 Gt Vert ( 306 )

Comment

Mine has been for two weeks and down until february.

I was just going to pull the heads off and get them cut and new valve springs since they were weak....until I found out how week they were.

Tony, lucky we only had 3 rounds in the Big Dog race. Pulled the valve covers to pull off the heads and find needle bearings all in the top of the heads from the rockers breaking into abunch of peices. A few of the rockers are locked up and some are split open at the fulcrum. The valve springs were coil binding, luckily I decided not to go racing at shreveport last weekend.

BTW if anyone needs a race motor I have a 355sbc for sale. Ran 10.80s in my car(built a new motor, this is my backup).
              3x NHRA/IHRA Division 4 Champion
              www.heathensracing.com

Competition Sales of Dallas
              Mothers Polish and Waxes
              Mickey Thompson Tires
              Champion Racing Oils
              MaxCackle Photos

"I bleed red, white, blue, and a little bit of E85"

Comment

Originally posted by MadMax404M View Post
                Tony, lucky we only had 3 rounds in the Big Dog race. Pulled the valve covers to pull off the heads and find needle bearings all in the top of the heads from the rockers breaking into abunch of peices. A few of the rockers are locked up and some are split open at the fulcrum. The valve springs were coil binding, luckily I decided not to go racing at shreveport last weekend.
                Lucky indeed. My rear gears are shot. Sounds like I have mud tires that are out of round.

Comment

My coupe has been parked in the garage for about 7 months but the last 3 months it's been on jack stands.

Everytime I work on the coupe, I end up just drinking with my boys and never really get shit done.

Comment

Been almost 5 Yrs since I started on my convertible

Comment

Since April of last year when I bought it, will easily be there for another year or so. In the time I've owned I've pulled out the windshield, bought a couple of interior pieces and dissassembled the motor, I'm on pace to have it done by the time "hot rodding" is banned.

Comment

I've been down probably a year and a half now. Although I'm not sure if I still qualify. The car runs and kind of drives. There are some issues that need to be worked out to make it practical. So right now its up on jack stands waiting on me to drop the take and do a little up grading in the fuel system department.

Comment

mine has been on jacks for about 9 years

came off stands once for about a month then went back on them for a total rebuild... am shooting for this spring to be up and testing !!!!!

Comment

hopefully not too much longer, all i need is for Jet to give me one of his famous tunes and ill be off the stands, its been a loooong 2 years

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                            You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Not much longer here for me! looking to be up Mid March! We will see. But I have been down going on a little over 2 years. I think my last race was against Supercoupe out at Denton!
                              GOD BLESS TEXAS
                              August Landscaping
                              214-779-7278
                              Seb's high class.
                              He'll mow your grass.
                              He'll kick your ass.
                              And while his kidney stones pass,
                              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I'm going to try and make the cruise. Been out since May

Comment

Working...
                                X