Rolling Stones N. America Tour 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling Stones N. America Tour 2013

I'm sure I can't afford the tickets, but would love to see them live.

The Rolling Stones' '50 and Counting' shows in London and New York last year were some of their tightest shows in years. "There have been quite a few offers," Mick Jagger said afterward, weighing a full tour. Added Keith Richards, "Really, all you're going to have to do is wait for an announcement."

The wait will be over soon. A concert business source confirms to Rolling Stone the band is planning 18 concerts in North America this year. Billboard also reported yesterday the band will play "fewer than 20" dates in North America, with Australian promoter Paul Dainty and Virgin music promoting the tour (the team also promoted the '50 and Counting' run). "May 2nd is the launch day," says another source. "I've heard West Coast cities – L.A. And Seattle. But I think they're going to do some back East as well."

It would be the band's first tour since 2005-2007's A Bigger Bang, and, if the '50 and Counting' shows were any indication, the band is even more adventurous these days. Last year they performed with former members Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman, invited guests like Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck and played rarities like "Around and Around" and "I Wanna Be Your Man."

It's looking likely U.K. fans won't miss out on the Stones this summer. When MTV News UK asked Kasabian's Serge Pizzorno if his set at the Hard Rock Calling festival on June 29th will be the most talked-about performance of the weekend, he replied, "Yes, that would be a miracle because The Rolling Stones are playing Glastonbury. I can imagine there will be a lot of people there waiting for them."
Working...
X