Shit just got real in Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    I am not so sure having the Russians getting more involved with the situation is a good thing. They don't exactly have a good record with Muslims. I seem to remember their actions creating a guy named Bin Ladin.
    wasn't the russians who did that. he made himself and used the US as an excuse.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
      Wondering if this the Chechnyan Muslims versus Arab Muslims?
      The Chechnyan's are more aligned with the Al Qaeda and Talibs as hard core fighters. Second Tier if you will. The Arab muslims are more 3rd tier and do very little of the actual dirty work. My money is on the Chechnyan's. And the Bear is not as nice as we are. Women and children are fair game to them.

The US has been trying to get the russians into Afg for a while to "help" this might do it. There are plenty of Chechnyan fighters up north for them to play with.

Comment

I wonder what resident Muslim in DC will say?

Russians won't be kind.

Comment

I think Russia is an unknown quantity on this. Mother Russia's Afghani vacation in the late 70's/early 80's wasn't successful; after many years, Russia finally gave up and left. The muslims claim it as a victory for themselves.

We trained and armed the muslim resistance (as mentioned earlier, Bin Ladin was of our own making before he went native) and I'd expect most Russians to remember that. Plus the whole downfall of the Soviet Union thing. Russia has never been great ally to us. That may not change anytime soon just because we have a common enemy.

And Russia doesn't have great success in dealing effectively with terrorists - recall the muslim elementary school and the theatre takeovers where more civilians were killed by Russia's brilliant plan of attack than were terrorists.

Regardless, it will make for interesting times.

Comment

I am not so sure having the Russians getting more involved with the situation is a good thing. They don't exactly have a good record with Muslims. I seem to remember their actions creating a guy named Bin Ladin.
            Hey, let the extremists focus their hate mongering on someone besides the west for a change. Whatever fuckstick politician is in power will take all the credit for decreased violence against Americans home and abroad but I can live that, letting someone else take the rep while we quietly train smaller countries defend themselves works JUST FINE for me.

Comment

Here we go...
              Witnesses in the deadly bombing at Moscow's Domodedova Airport that claimed the lives of 35 people and injured nearly 200 others say the suicide bomber shouted "I'll kill you all!" before detonating the explosives, according to The Guardian.

Driver Artyom Zhilenkov said he was standing just a few yards away from a man who may have been the suicide bomber. He saw an explosion on or near the man, whose suitcase was on fire.

Russian authorities believe that a man and a woman -- known as a Black Widow -- detonated the bomb at the airport.

"The terror attack was carried out according to a scheme that is used by terrorists from the north Caucasus region. The blasts at the Rizhskaya subway station and other explosions in the Moscow metro were carried out similarly, when the terrorists were accompanied by militants," a Russian official told The Guardian.

Russian authorities tell AFP that the severed head of the suspected suicide bomber was found.

"We found the head of a man of Arab appearance, aged 30 to 35," a law enforcement official told AFP.

Officials are also searching for three others who may be connected with the bombing.

No claims of responsibility for the blast have been issued, although Islamic militants in the southern Russian region of Chechnya have been blamed for previous attacks in Moscow, including a double suicide bombing on the capital's subway system in March 2010 that resulted in 40 deaths. If Monday's attack was by Chechen insurgents, it could indicate an ominous new strategy because unlike previous attacks, it targeted an area where foreign citizens were likely to be victims.

The blast took place in the international arrivals area, where people without tickets can meet passengers.

Conflicting reports emerged Tuesday about how the bombing was conducted, with some accounts citing unnamed sources as saying there were two bombers, one of them a woman.

Investigative Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin on Monday said the attack was most likely carried out by a suicide bomber and "attempts were being made to identify him."

The blast came at 4:32 p.m., when hundreds of passengers and workers were in that area of the terminal. They were sprayed with shrapnel of screws and ball bearings, intended to cause as many casualties as possible.

The terminal filled with thick smoke and witnesses described a scene of horror.

"There was lots of blood, severed legs flying around," said Yelena Zatserkovnaya, a Lufthansa official.

Airport workers turned baggage carts into makeshift stretchers to wheel the wounded to ambulances outside, she said.

Amateur video showed a pile of bodies on the floor, with other dead scattered around. Luggage also was strewn around the terminal and several small fires burned. A dazed man in a suit pushed a baggage cart through the haze.

Aviation security experts have been warning since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that the crowds at many airports present tempting targets to suicide bombers. Arrivals halls are usually open to anyone.

Witnesses in the deadly bombing at Moscow's Domodedova Airport that claimed the lives of 35 people and injured nearly 200 others say the suicide bomber shouted "I'll kill you all!" before detonating the explosives, according to The Guardian.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Russians sawing terrorist's family members arms off in 3, 2, 1...

Comment

Technically we were the ones that created bin laden. He was a CIA operative and had a grievance with the US due to the fact we used the Mujaheddin as proxy fighters and then abandoned them once Russia withdrew.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    Technically we were the ones that created bin laden. He was a CIA operative and had a grievance with the US due to the fact we used the Mujaheddin as proxy fighters and then abandoned them once Russia withdrew.
                    Semantics..............If Russia hadn't been there, neither would have binnyboy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      He really came into the light when Kuwait allowed non muslim fighters (The Great United States of Mothafucking AMERICA) to defend their land in turn turning down OBL's offer to repel the invaders. I think more than anything that was the real turning point for ALQ and OBL.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        He really came into the light when Kuwait allowed non muslim fighters (The Great United States of Mothafucking AMERICA) to defend their land in turn turning down OBL's offer to repel the invaders. I think more than anything that was the real turning point for ALQ and OBL.
                        Why though? They wanted a say in the oil?

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          Sort of. Kuwait was occupied, they didn't care who came to help. OBL was a friend and guest of the Saudi house and offered to use his army to drive Sadam out. Whether or not he could have is up for debate but the King did the right thing and let coalition forces operate out of his country, which was a slap in the face for OBL.

Had OBL been successful the Saudis would have been behind it instead of the UN. Which could have led to Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq and Yemen at war with Egypt and Saudi Arabia, with Israel in the middle of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                            Sort of. Kuwait was occupied, they didn't care who came to help. OBL was a friend and guest of the Saudi house and offered to use his army to drive Sadam out. Whether or not he could have is up for debate but the King did the right thing and let coalition forces operate out of his country, which was a slap in the face for OBL.

Had OBL been successful the Saudis would have been behind it instead of the UN. Which could have led to Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq and Yemen at war with Egypt and Saudi Arabia, with Israel in the middle of it all.
                            Had the second part happened, I wonder how different the global landscape would now look.

Comment

Working...
                            X