No announcement yet.

Anyone waiting on a Raspberry Pi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one that has a hard time stepping out of the Windows box? I don't think I'd know what to do with this thing if someone gave me one for free

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
      I know this is resurrecting an old thread, but of the people that got one of these... did you do anything with it?

I was bored and ordered one this morning to tinker with.
      Nope, just sitting in my desk drawer (I think). Plans were to build a small media pc but decided against it.

Comment

Picked up an RPi B locally. Started to tinker with it.
        Jay Johnson
        Car hauler for hire

Comment

So now...I've got 2 512MB Pi's. One in living room, one in bedroom. Living room runs RaspBMC on 1 SD card for media center duty, and Raspian/Retro Pie (game emulator) on another SD card for retro gaming. Bedroom Pi has RaspBMC only.

They work, what can I say. I keep a 500G drive on the living room Pi, and stream my content to the Bedroom Pi via wifi, which works.

Both stream lots of cool (free) video / audio from various video and music add-ons.

I'm still learning all of the xbmc capabilities, but I'm pretty happy with both of these, especially considering the investment!

--Scott

Comment

Thread necro-

So, who bought one and is actually using it? What are you using it for, and how is it working?

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Somebody mentioned getting one locally, anybody know anywhere near Arlington I can pick one up?

Also interested to see what people have done with theirs.
              Last edited by slow06; 01-02-2014, 02:50 PM.
              "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
              -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Microcenter has them on the shelf (and other accessories for them).

Comment

Working...
                X