Do you tip for takeout food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    I love all the excuses for being cheap. Keep them coming guys!
    So you tip mcdonalds and taco bell for working a counter?

That's some weird shit man.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
      So you tip mcdonalds and taco bell for working a counter?

That's some weird shit man.
      That's a mighty large leap you took there.

And if they had a tip line...I would.

Comment

I usually do tip at around 10% on takeout. I recently did a catering order from Blue Goose that was $400 and I tipped the bartender $40 because he went over and above.

With that said, if the service sucks they do get penalized, I tip based on service, not based on some humanitarian style obligation to service workers.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I was a bartender at Johnny carino’s in college. At this particular location the bartender had to take the to go order, ring it up, bag it up, and then check them out. Put together all of the condiments, etc. it may not sound like much work but it is. So if you’re only getting paid a couple bucks an hour and you spent that 15 mins putting together that order and then they don’t tip you really do feel like you just got screwed.

A couple hundred dollar to go order with plates, drinks, salads, bread, entrees, plastic ware, condiments and whatever else took some time to make sure it was all there. If you do that to someone that makes a couple bucks an hour and don’t tip, you’re a real POS in my opinion.

Comment

I've always wondered why tip a certain percentage?

For example on Christmas i took my family to pappas bros steakhouse and spent about 450 and another 100 on a tip, but if go somewhere and spend 20 bucks its usually 5 bucks or a little more.

The waiter at pappas bros didn't necessarily do anything so far beyond what the lady at insert random restaurant did. Definitely didnt do anything spectacular to get 100 bones off me for the hour or so we were there.

Comment

So apparently minimum wage plus tips is such an amount, that how dare they negotiate for more. FFS

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                I dont understand why I cant tip using my debit card at sonic, I almost dont go there most of the time because I don't have cash on me.
                because sonic keeps tipping a hush hush practice with the franchise and also tax dogging

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  So apparently minimum wage plus tips is such an amount, that how dare they negotiate for more. FFS

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  They should negotiate for better jobs if they don't like it, and stop expecting me to tip on service I didn't receive.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't tip because society says I have to. Alright, I mean I'll tip if somebody really deserves a tip. If they really put forth the effort, I'll give them something extra. But I mean, this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.

Comment

Yes. 3 or 4 bucks for curbside pickup. Picking it up at the bar, typically no. If I have cash on me at the time I usually tip the Sonic carhops.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                        I've always wondered why tip a certain percentage?

For example on Christmas i took my family to pappas bros steakhouse and spent about 450 and another 100 on a tip, but if go somewhere and spend 20 bucks its usually 5 bucks or a little more.

The waiter at pappas bros didn't necessarily do anything so far beyond what the lady at insert random restaurant did. Definitely didnt do anything spectacular to get 100 bones off me for the hour or so we were there.
                        The IRS assumes you'll be getting 8% of sales as a tip, the standard is generally 15% so that 7% is tax free if you don't mind cheating the government a little. Restaurants tack on 18% for groups but most people tip 20% because the math is easier.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                          I was a bartender at Johnny carino’s in college. At this particular location the bartender had to take the to go order, ring it up, bag it up, and then check them out. Put together all of the condiments, etc. it may not sound like much work but it is. So if you’re only getting paid a couple bucks an hour and you spent that 15 mins putting together that order and then they don’t tip you really do feel like you just got screwed.

A couple hundred dollar to go order with plates, drinks, salads, bread, entrees, plastic ware, condiments and whatever else took some time to make sure it was all there. If you do that to someone that makes a couple bucks an hour and don’t tip, you’re a real POS in my opinion.
                          That is an employee / management issue.

Comment

I think servers should not be making $2.50 an hour plus tips, they should be making minimum wage and then get tips on that of that. I think the current server pay is BS...but then again many ppl are in the service industry, so it must pay enough to survive on...

Comment

I'll do a buck or two. Typically the reason I'm doing take out is so I don't have to tip 15-25% and/or waste time sitting in a restaurant. There are somethings that are just not my problem. I get screwed by life a bunch too for things that are out of my control. If tips are expected for take out, management should auto-add it and let the consumer decide if it's worth it.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                                I think servers should not be making $2.50 an hour plus tips, they should be making minimum wage and then get tips on that of that. I think the current server pay is BS...but then again many ppl are in the service industry, so it must pay enough to survive on...
                                Expect the cost of food to shoot thru the roof if that happens.. most restaurants wouldn’t survive paying that
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X