n64 on big screen with hdmi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n64 on big screen with hdmi?

i really doubt it, but is there a way to play my n64 using hdmi? i picked one up for super cheap and wanna play doom64 again lol. of course the cable that comes out of the n64 is coax cable, do they make a coaxial/hdmi cable?

i plan on stopping by frys on the way home to talk to them, i'm sure they can tell me if it's possible. just curious if anyone here would know

oh my big screen has a hdmi and a dvi input if that helps any

thanks

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
    i really doubt it, but is there a way to play my n64 using hdmi? i picked one up for super cheap and wanna play doom64 again lol. of course the cable that comes out of the n64 is coax cable, do they make a coaxial/hdmi cable?

i plan on stopping by frys on the way home to talk to them, i'm sure they can tell me if it's possible. just curious if anyone here would know

oh my big screen has a hdmi and a dvi input if that helps any

thanks
    They do not. At least, they didn't a year ago. Can you use component? You can get 1080p resolution from that. You'd just have to have a different line for the sound. Wait. N64 doesn't do high def anyway.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

the stock cable that comes with the n64 is a composite cable.
      you can buy a component cable for it. that's your best bet.

unless your tv is a monitor it should have inputs for coaxial, composite, svideo, component cables.

either way, it wont look good!
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

after doing some more searching i found they make this for the n64

i know i'm not gonna get high def from the n64, just wanna get the best video/audio i can over the coaxial cable =\ . would the rca cable look better than the coaxial? i would think so..

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
          after doing some more searching i found they make this for the n64

i know i'm not gonna get high def from the n64, just wanna get the best video/audio i can over the coaxial cable =\ . would the rca cable look better than the coaxial? i would think so..
          this would be a bit better.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I use this to play my NES on my big screen. It's not true HD but it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
              Pretty sure a nintendo 64 does not have component out.

Comment

does that plug straight into the n64?
                Originally posted by Venom View Post
                I use this to play my NES on my big screen. It's not true HD but it helps.
                while that would work... it costs more than i paid for the n64!

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                  Pretty sure a nintendo 64 does not have component out.
                  it wouldn't have a component out, just the stupid proprietary nintendo output on one end and component on the other.

that said, i have no clue if nintendo 64 works with component cables, i searched and that came up to buy. it may not actually work with n64.
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

it wouldn't have a component out, just the stupid proprietary nintendo output on one end and component on the other.

that said, i have no clue if nintendo 64 works with component cables, i searched and that came up to buy. it may not actually work with n64.
                    Oh shit, I forgot that the N64 had the proprietary end on it. I thought that was an HDMI plug, it looks about the same width

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                      Oh shit, I forgot that the N64 had the proprietary end on it. I thought that was an HDMI plug, it looks about the same width
                      i still think you are correct. i think the best it supports is S-Video
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Did HD video even exist back in 1996 when the N64 came out?
                        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

probably not, i just want the best picture i can get and figured one of those would be better than the coaxial

Comment

I hooked up my original PlayStation a while back to my 46" to play FFVII. Looked like complete shit

Comment

that's what i am afraid of when i hook up the 64 =/

Comment

Working...
                              X