Anyone waiting on a Raspberry Pi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScottJ View Post
    yes, been following them, was going to put it on low-priority server duty in a hidden location @ home!
    precisely my plan. Hide it in a stud in the attic or something.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I could have a lot of fun with a couple of those, and a couple remote IO boards.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

available soon = ?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ View Post
          available soon = ?
          no telling.

Apparently the first batch had a minor glitch though.

Comment

I just got an email from them, that said I could put my pre-order in. I'm still hesitant to pre-order till I have some idea when it will be filled. Plus, I want to see what O/S flavors mate up well with it, so I can jump right into the config when I get the hardware.

I just love the size/idea, I hope the consumer product will be cool.

--Scott

Comment

Did anyone get one of the units yet?
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                Did anyone get one of the units yet?
                I'm sure you've seen this, but just in case you haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                  I'm sure you've seen this, but just in case you haven't.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/781
                  Yeah I heard that but thought it was only a momentary blip, so it completely stopped shipping?

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    Yeah I heard that but thought it was only a momentary blip, so it completely stopped shipping?
                    From what i've read yeah, no one I know has received their orders at all.

edit :http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...yed-again.html
                    After several previous delays, the company is now waiting for further electromagnetic emissions tests to be performed. It does not anticipate them being a problem in the long term, however.

Comment

ya exactly, I want to see consumer product physically hit the street, then I'll test it out.

Comment

Looks like consumer units will be in the wild, within the next 20 - 30 days...

The first batch of Raspberry Pi computers is finally ready for delivery. The credit card-sized Linux computer costs only $35 and is designed to encourage…

Comment

First 700 are shipped.

Comment

So I ended up with two of them (one from the UK and one from the US). Now what should I do with them? Was thinking XMBC (although I have a boxee box, multiple NMTs and a Roku so I'm not sure what I need another media player for).

Comment

I know this is resurrecting an old thread, but of the people that got one of these... did you do anything with it?

I was bored and ordered one this morning to tinker with.

Comment

Ordered one abut a year ago and never got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X