Gun Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    try paying with $5s and $10s from a McDonalds sack...............you get nothing.
    lol this was funny

But seriously, does anyone in here honestly think that regulating the market for guns anymore than it already is will change anything? It is not just the criminals buying the guns, there are legit people out there buying them for the criminal. These are the same people who will be able to get in through any other legisation that is approved....because they are LEGAL

All of these laws were created to help curb gun violence and yet has it declined, disappeared, changed...
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
      Maybe you should ask more questions. Or create a bill of sale for a CYA document. I understand the whole CHL only but then that excludes people such as myself who may not have a CHL but also do not have a criminal record...it’s up to you in the end.

I bet though that "shady" feeling is your conscious telling you that maybe you should have checked into the buyer a little more...just my .02
      Conscious is fine, I've only sold to CHL holders and I'm ok with excluding those without. I guess I should have put continue to only sell to CHL holders in my previous post

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
        Conscious is fine, I've only sold to CHL holders and I'm ok with excluding those without. I guess I should have put continue to only sell to CHL holders in my previous post
        Whatever helps you sleep better buddy, just remember nothing in life is guaranteed except death and taxes.

If people can create false identities and slip thought he cracks in the system I am sure someone can obtain an illegal permit card for CHL if they wanted too...just saying
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Whatever helps you sleep better buddy, just remember nothing in life is guaranteed except death and taxes.

If people can create false identities and slip thought he cracks in the system I am sure someone can obtain an illegal permit card for CHL if they wanted too...just saying
          That's a bit of a stretch. LOL. Is it possible? Sure. Is it nearly as likely as someone who is not able to own a firearm just trying to purchase one FTF? Obviously not.

Comment

I know I am stereotyping, but I could care less...

I've only sold 2 firearms outside of a trade-in at a gun shop. I sold an AR15 stripped lower receiver to a board member about a year ago. IF for some reason I met this board member and didn't like the way he looked or what he said, I would have canceled the deal right then and there.

It may be offensive at the time, but ultimately it's my ass on the line, so I don't care if I piss someone off by canceling a firearm transaction.

The other one I sold was to a CHL holder. From here out, I will only sell to CHL holders or cops (with valid ID, not just a badge).

And yes, I am going to the show tomorrow morning. I'll be with a couple of shady ass MFers too!
            كافر

Originally posted by sc281
            Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
            Originally posted by Trick Pony
            ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

So based off of the CHL argument that I see a couple of you using, I see it is safe to assume that you would support a gun show that only sold to CHL or Police correct?

Comment

So based off of the CHL argument that I see a couple of you using, I see it is safe to assume that you would support a gun show that only sold to CHL or Police correct?
                No, because the vendors have the ability to perform the NICS background check. I as a private individual do not have that luxury, therefore, I decide who I sell a firearm to based on information I have available.

Oh, and those shady MFers I will be there with are cops...
                كافر

Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
                ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

No, I'd support a gun show that represented the 2nd amendment. What part of "shall not be infringed" is so difficult for everyone to understand?
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    No, I'd support a gun show that represented the 2nd amendment. What part of "shall not be infringed" is so difficult for everyone to understand?
                    I believe in the second amendment as well. I support the NRA 150% in every action they take as I know it is a benefit to me and respect for the Americans who settled this land and the American way.

I however see people being scared that they are going to be targeted by the ATF for selling a gun that is not a ClassIII nor does it require any specific paperwork to purchase in the first place as being an enabler for the people who want to restrict those rights as much as possible. You must go through the background check because the person whom is selling that firearm signed federal documents stating they would do so when they became licensed sellers.

If I state that I am not a felon then you are as informed as any civilian can be and therefore it is out of your control. There are no laws requiring you to have a CHL to make a private purchase but it seems the majority of folks who sell guns "privately" are now requiring additional cost and paper work in order for non-CHL holders to express their second amendment.

I understand it is a personal decision and I respect that as we all have to look out for ourselves. However I see this as also an indication that people might be more willing to just "put up" with any changes that may come about that restrict your ability to purchase firearms within the U.S. border because, they "don’t want to get in trouble".

My thoughts may be misguided in the eyes of others but I believe that one day the majority of people who just "put up" are going to allow others to alter the basis in which this country was founded "freedom of expression and free will". I will no longer be able to enjoy what I love unless I pay more fees and more taxes and take more classes just to express my second amendment right...

Comment

I believe in the second amendment as well. I support the NRA 150% in every action they take as I know it is a benefit to me and respect for the Americans who settled this land and the American way.

I however see people being scared that they are going to be targeted by the ATF for selling a gun that is not a ClassIII nor does it require any specific paperwork to purchase in the first place as being an enabler for the people who want to restrict those rights as much as possible. You must go through the background check because the person whom is selling that firearm signed federal documents stating they would do so when they became licensed sellers.

If I state that I am not a felon then you are as informed as any civilian can be and therefore it is out of your control. There are no laws requiring you to have a CHL to make a private purchase but it seems the majority of folks who sell guns "privately" are now requiring additional cost and paper work in order for non-CHL holders to express their second amendment.

I understand it is a personal decision and I respect that as we all have to look out for ourselves. However I see this as also an indication that people might be more willing to just "put up" with any changes that may come about that restrict your ability to purchase firearms within the U.S. border because, they "don’t want to get in trouble".

My thoughts may be misguided in the eyes of others but I believe that one day the majority of people who just "put up" are going to allow others to alter the basis in which this country was founded "freedom of expression and free will". I will no longer be able to enjoy what I love unless I pay more fees and more taxes and take more classes just to express my second amendment right...
                      I fully understand what you are saying, but in the end, my decision to sell a firearm to someone could end up with my ass in jail under the right circumstances. Regardless of how we feel the laws SHOULD be, we are bound by the laws in place now. It does my family no good to have me in jail for violating a law that I may not agree with.

You want it changed? Start by writing your Congressman...and voting for real conservatives.

I am in no way a supporter of Ron Paul. I think he is as bat shit crazy as the last 3 chicks I dated combined.
                      كافر

Comment

I do not disagree with your point. While I am a CHL holder, I'm always wary of someone who says they'll only sell to a CHL holder, as they might just be cautious, or some sort of a wacko.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
                          Wow really? So if a clean cut white guy in business casual clothing shows up in a very nice condition 1966 Mustang, offers a TexasGunTrader.com bill of sale stating he am not a convict and gives a TXDL for you to see...you still wouldn't sell to him?

I follow Keith's method. Thankfully I have only dealt with clean, average looking people...of all ethnicities.

Comment

I'll be there. I'm on the hunt for a handgun!
                            2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                              Do they have cheap magpul magazines usually? I've fallen in love with those mags. Also I need 5.45x39 followers...just the followers...hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                                Nobody is going to sell a handgun to a 14 year old.

Comment

Working...
                                X