NAACP blocks Washington Statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAACP blocks Washington Statue

From: C.M. Sullivan Subject: Geo. Washington banned from NAACP rally Date: Monday, January 17, 2011, 2:17 PM The annual MLK observance at th...

Subject: Geo. Washington banned from NAACP rally

Date: Monday, January 17, 2011, 2:17 PM

The annual MLK observance at the state house in Columbia SC had an interesting twist this year. The event is held on the north side steps of the statehouse. Prominent at that location is a large bronze statue of George Washington. This year, the NAACP constructed a "box" to conceal the Father of His Country from view so that participants would not be offended by his presence.

Via Billy

sigpic

I'm offended that they covered it up. Then again i'm sure they don't care, cause i'm white and they're racist.
    .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
      I'm offended that they covered it up. Then again i'm sure they don't care, cause i'm white and they're racist.
      Didn't you get the memo?
      White males aren't allowed to be offended....

Comment

Does SC still fly the Confederate Battle Flag atop their capitol?

Comment

MLK was a great man, Just look at what he gave us.Blacks who become "victims" every time a cop turns on the blue lights,who can murder white people and get away with it (OJ) because we are afraid to convict a minority or we be viewed as racist,a black president who gives "Obomba"money that keeps wefare rates exploding. MLK gave a his name,every town has a MLK street. He gave us a holiday that most young blacks have no idea why we celebrate him. MLK would not like what his hard work as has turned into because he truly wanted equality for all and we are farther away from that than ever.

Comment

Would it be racist (or against any law) if I walked up to that bullshit and tore it down?

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Try that shit in a real state like Texas.

Comment

Am I offended? Yes. Am I surprised? No. All races preach about equality, but none practice it, just create programs and ideals that make it further away.

Comment

Now THAT is fucking bullshit.
                  Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I always thought GW liked black people. He even had a few.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Pretty sure that's just a GPC. (Graffitti Prevention Cover)

Comment

Someone should cover a statue of MLK on MLK day. The bleeding hearts gave way with the confederate flag, but that won't be the end of it. These people want to destroy what is left of our country so it can become like their homeland. Just a bunch of dirt poor, AIDS carrying ni66ers that like to kill each other.

It's time to start proudly displaying Confederate flag again.

Here is an article from another website.

NAACP Rally Blocks Off George Washington’s Statue, Opposes His Vision

At one of the nation’s most prominent Martin Luther King Day events, a rally held at the South Carolina state capitol, organizers blocked off and hid statue of George Washington while giving speeches in support of Obamacare and other leftist causes.

In contrast to the grassroots appearance of ‘Tea Party’ rallies, the 1200 attendees, some bussed in from as far away as Detroit, carried mass-produced printed signs opposing budget balancing measures as well as the presence of a Confederate flag at a nearby Confederate veterans memorial. The rally promoted a number of left wing causes, including opposing a proposal similar to Arizona’s 1070 law that would enable South Carolina law enforcement to assist in enforcing federal immigration laws, supporting automatic ‘birthright citizenship’ for children of illegal aliens, supporting Obamacare, denouncing the ‘Tea Party’ and opposing efforts to prevent voter fraud.

Although organizers denied that they were intentionally blocking the statue off and claimed that the structure which concealed the statue of George Washington would be used to ‘display a rally graphic’, no such ‘rally graphic’ ever appeared. The statue has been blocked off for ‘Martin Luther King Day’ rallies at least since 2007, although all other rallies held at the South Carolina Statehouse proudly use the statue of Washington as a backdrop.

Although George Washington's image was viewed as unwanted by the organizers of the Martin Luther King rally, men dressed in militant gear waving the 'Pan-African Flag' were welcome:

Also welcome were citizens of foreign countries, who felt the need to weigh in on American policy issues:
                        Last edited by line-em-up; 01-22-2011, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                          Someone should cover a statue of MLK on MLK day. The bleeding hearts gave way with the confederate flag, but that won't be the end of it. These people want to destroy what is left of our country so it can become like their homeland. Just a bunch of dirt poor, AIDS carrying ni66ers that like to kill each other.
                          Wow... tell us how you REALLY feel....

Just remember that nut-bag left wing dingbats come in all shapes, sizes, and colors....

And there is no color code to a patriot either my friend...

Comment

Why am I not surprised at all anymore...damn NAACP

Comment

Originally posted by Zfan View Post
                              Why am I not surprised at all anymore...damn NAACP
                              Need a group called NAWCA...

North American White ass Cracker Association....

Comment

Working...
                              X