GOP planning pay-as-you-must spending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOP planning pay-as-you-must spending

there is now serious momentum behind a plan to refuse Obama but avoid default. The concept is that must-pay obligations, like interest on existing debts, payroll and other constant costs would go to the front of the line while long-term projects and money the government owes itself would go to the end of the line.

The White House warnings were based on the idea that the government would just run out of money and creditors, vendors and employees would just stop getting checks. Conservatives in the GOP are now suggesting that rather than default, the government do what cash-strapped individuals do: First pay crucial obligations but put off other bills until there is more cash.

As any bachelor can tell you, you pay the rent and the cable before the water bill. You can live without water for seven days, but no man has ever made it that long without television.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...limit-stakes/#

I bet Obamacare stuff is put at the bottom of the list for funding.
    class joke
    {
    private:
    char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
    double Peas, Carrots;
    string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
    };

Fuck yea!

Comment

I'm kinda wondering how all this will pan out with a republican congress, a democratic senate (even if it is only slightly) and a democratic prez. I'm thinking endless gridlock? From what I have seen, the republicans seem a little upset at the commies. They seem to be wanting to give them the finger whenever and wherever they can.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
        I'm kinda wondering how all this will pan out with a republican congress, a democratic senate (even if it is only slightly) and a democratic prez. I'm thinking endless gridlock? From what I have seen, the republicans seem a little upset at the commies. They seem to be wanting to give them the finger whenever and wherever they can.
        The republicans want all of this voted on, so that there are records of who voted for what. When 2012 rolls around, it's a great campaigning tool to show how congressional members stand on issues. Think about how the health care votes got so many house dems kicked out. Winning or losing the bill is almost secondary at this point.

Comment

This will work great until the Democrats are on TV with tears streaming down their faces, scaring the old people into thinking their precious social security checks aren't coming.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            This will work great until the Democrats are on TV with tears streaming down their faces, scaring the old people into thinking their precious social security checks aren't coming.
            Fuck 'em. I'm not getting mine, I'm not too concerned if they don't get theirs.

Comment

Dave Ramsey should give them a seminar.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                Am I the only one who thinks those old people should have better prepared for their financial future?

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                  Am I the only one who thinks those old people should have better prepared for their financial future?
                  You and all other republicans think this way. The democrats blame the gov for their stupidity and poverty.
                  www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I don't really like to think of myself as someone who would just throw old people out on the streets. But maybe there is a way that those people could live very humbly, but still live. Maybe that could be incentive for them to better prepare. Maybe if the government is having to feed you and pay your bills, you have to live where they say. In an adequate, yet very humble (inexpensive) house. If you are making the taxpayers pay for your food, then maybe the taxpayers should get to say what you eat. I wouldn't have a problem with it. If I failed financially, I'd know that I'd be taken care of. But I wouldn't be a heavy burden to those who are young and have a full life ahead of them to try their best.

But I sure as hell am preparing. Seems real damn dumb to me, to believe that when I'm old, this laughing stock we call a government could take care of me. I mean come on people. They criticized it all their life and now they think its good enough to take care of them?

Comment

I believe that social security will eventually enact a means test. For those that invested wisely and lived frugally and have money for retirement, or for those that have an "adequate" pension - no social security check.

For those that didn't invest or who squandered everything that they had - they get a check.

It's one of the things they'll have to do as the available funds shrink.

Comment

Working...
                      X