Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on a couple of possible buys (.45 ACP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YALE View Post
    A new Match for $100 more than someone's beat on deer lease pistol? That's cheap peace of mind, dude. Look at it this way: if he can't be bothered to clean the serrations on the outside of a gun he's decided to sell, how have the internal parts fared?
    Very sound advise.

Comment

Okay, real quick question and it may be apples to oranges but I'd like some opinions. I know the Witness has a great trigger, I have the same gun in 10mm. But I'm really wanting something that is not like another I have. So, in searching I came across the TacOps, Springfield Loaded, R1 enhanced and the Sig Scorpion; all but the scorpion are more than I want to spend right now (I've already bought one gun this month). I know the factory mags suck and there have been F2F issues but I have also read a equal number of good feedback reviews. So I am chasing out of the box accuracy, fit and finish. I am really leaning towards the scorpion unless someone has a better option in the $800 range.

Witness match 45 $630 OTD
      SIG Scorpion $840 OTD
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

The sig feels good. I almost bought one when I picked up my S&W E series and still might. They do have an external extractor which some 1911 purists despise put if it functions well i don't care.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          The sig feels good. I almost bought one when I picked up my S&W E series and still might. They do have an external extractor which some 1911 purists despise put if it functions well i don't care.
          I am new to the 1911 game but I am learning. I like the looks of the Sig and have held it once, felt great.

I also came across a Springfield loaded Srvc 5" stainless which I also have become interested in. It is compared with the Sig in several reviews I have read.
          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

I looked at several in the 850-1100 price range and all seemed to be fairly equal. One the to look into was at one time the sigs didn't fit in most 1911 holsters and from what I remember it was across the board not just the models with a rail. It had to do with the dust cover design and I have noticed some holster companies still designate for sig.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
              I looked at several in the 850-1100 price range and all seemed to be fairly equal. One the to look into was at one time the sigs didn't fit in most 1911 holsters and from what I remember it was across the board not just the models with a rail. It had to do with the dust cover design and I have noticed some holster companies still designate for sig.
              One question I have still been unable to answer is the accuracy at ranges other than 10yds. I have searched youtube where you will find several computer workstation reviews or people shooting it, but no mention of the grouping.

The Springfield just looks sexy in stainless and all of the reviews are thumbs up...

Comment

If you're gonna start opening the field up to sub-$1k, the P226 and P220 both come in SAO now.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  If you're gonna start opening the field up to sub-$1k, the P226 and P220 both come in SAO now.
                  I knew you were going to say that, lol

Comment

I played with a para compact last night that i liked but the sig is the way to go. We own two and i want one of the compact 1911's to go with the stx and tac ops.

Comment

I don't think I've ever really taken pictures of groups with mine. I can hit good at 20-25yds but most of my shooting at that distance is stuff floating down the river. I think the price on the S&W ' s has gone up some since I picked mine up but I got out the door for right at 1000. The Sig was only 150 or so less at the time. My only complaint is the grip safety has a slight play side to side but everything else is great for the price. Slide to frame is better than my Kimber (which is pretty good compared to some) and shit tons better than my base model Colt.

Comment

I initially was going for the Sig but wanted to throw another option in there. From everything I have read and other than the previous mag issues with the Sig (seems to have disappeared); the Sig definitely seems to be the most popular with usually is not without reason.

I am going to start shopping for a gently used one and see what pops up, otherwise off to GB it is.

I was going to get the Witness and save some $$ but I know that every day I open my safe, I am going to wish there was a Scorpion there for me to fondle before I go off to work.

Comment

The P226 and P220 both come in Scorpion flavor, and have an option for a threaded barrel.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                            I initially was going for the Sig but wanted to throw another option in there. From everything I have read and other than the previous mag issues with the Sig (seems to have disappeared); the Sig definitely seems to be the most popular with usually is not without reason.

I am going to start shopping for a gently used one and see what pops up, otherwise off to GB it is.

I was going to get the Witness and save some $$ but I know that every day I open my safe, I am going to wish there was a Scorpion there for me to fondle before I go off to work.
                            I've got this one...

Comment

That's a nice looking gun you have there. Bet it shoots like a dream

Comment

I found a Scorpion with a Stainless threaded barrel for $900 OTD NIB

Seems like a good deal from what I have seen

Comment

Working...
                                X