No announcement yet.

get off your butt and build something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• every time i try to post a pic i get the over limit thing. only have 2 pics on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
      my next build will be of little interest here . all gm protour car.
      my last build was at goodguys this year running around. orange 54 ford truck. came close to giving them there money back and keeping it once it was finished .
      I'd like to see it. One of the few ideas in my head for my big ass boat tail is a pro touring suspension mixed with a factory fresh look. I've already got a 4 link rear end and front disk brakes.
      I'd love to stay 455 powered and make it handle better.

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
        every time i try to post a pic i get the over limit thing. only have 2 pics on here.
        I think most everyone uses a image sharing site to embed pictures.

Comment

• when i start it i will be posting it all on my web page. in the middle of getting my land split and sold so it will be a while before i start. bought 3 cars so far so getting close. takes several to come up with a builder. gm bodies sucked for rust .

Comment

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
            What's the opposition to pulling the tank and cleaning it ?
            I have no opposition. He's going to have residual trash in the fuel system, until it can be gone through again. Better to be able to fix it on the side of the road, than have to call someone to bring him a $1 fuel filter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              What is that going in?

Comment

• things are happening.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• get off your butt and build something

Here she is as she sits. Front and rear suspension on.

From this hahahahahaha Jesus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by jtotin; 03-11-2019, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Some good stuff going on in here fellas.

I got to cover my doors in vinyl fabric, which turned out great. Also bent up some fuel line to replace the lame hose that I had running to the radiator overflow (scotch bottle). Looks better.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                      I thought I'd done that well enough but transparently was dead wrong.
                      i think it all went to hell when I filled the tank. going to drive it around the block a bunch and am about to take it to the grocery store.

all and all even with the short trip and the many breakdowns, I had a blast. It felt so good to be behind the wheel again, even though it has no power steering, no ac and the windows wont roll down, it's 10x better than anything I've ever driven.

now I get to clean things up, fix some stuff that we rushed through to get it running. This is going to be he fun part.

For sail?

Comment

• I’ll jump in here... I had a guess my dyno numbers thread on here and then it blew up on the way home from getting it tuned. I got the motor fixed and put it in the car. Still need to bolt up all of the accessories and get it painted. Been a busy year though. We had a kid and now have another one on the way. Most of my free time gets spent on the couch with the little man.

Hopefully these pics work this is the first time I’ve tried to do this.

Image 361-C020-A-C41-D-4-E59-80-A2-0-DA3-A9-E9-D11-A hosted in ImgBB

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          For sail?
                          not anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                            I’ll jump in here... I had a guess my dyno numbers thread on here and then it blew up on the way home from getting it tuned. I got the motor fixed and put it in the car. Still need to bolt up all of the accessories and get it painted. Been a busy year though. We had a kid and now have another one on the way. Most of my free time gets spent on the couch with the little man.

Hopefully these pics work this is the first time I’ve tried to do this.
                            hell of a nice fox, sorry to hear about the popped motor. My ranger is down with an engine noise (knock) right now. But I'm spending no time with it due to the Buick, my rc business and the fact that my kid's volley ball takes 99% of my time. Just found out her club is adding two more tournaments to the season. that's another $130 and two more weeks of practice and two more all day Saturday, and all day Sunday tournaments. ha! Don't get me wrong, I love watching her play, but damnit I'm tired, and broke.

Comment

• Thanks man. I’ve had it since I was 17, I’m 34 now. I drove it up until I graduated from college and then I parked it. I’ve had it in various stages of construction for the past 5 years or so. I’m ready to get back on it.

Comment

• I'm thinking of going with ridetech air suspension on the buick. I want it to get low, but also still ride nice. I remember the factory air ride on my mark vii was the best riding car I've ever had, but was also fun around corners and such. Other than that, I want to clean up under the hood, finish out the already damn nice interior, and just make the whole car work. I'd love to take it on power tour next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X