No announcement yet.

Rangers 2018!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This team sucks. I’m always going to be a fan and I expected to at least have some offense.

Comment

Tickets will be easy to obtain for the last two years at the Ballpark, go enjoy it while you can. One can assume the new stadium is going to include a hefty hike in prices.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
        Tickets will be easy to obtain for the last two years at the Ballpark, go enjoy it while you can. One can assume the new stadium is going to include a hefty hike in prices.
        I think the free agent market this winter will also be a factor. We could possibly end up with Kershaw or Keuchel this winter. Or maybe even Manny Machado assuming Beltre retires.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          Off to a hell of a start. Our best starter so far is almost 45 and goes 280 but he also goes 6 innings. I’m gonna laugh my ass off and buy a Rangers “big sexy” jersey if the Rangers make the playoffs and he is the game 1 ace starter.
          Colon always starts the season super strong, he just fades.. much like Holland did. His arm is worn out.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Colon always starts the season super strong, he just fades.. much like Holland did. His arm is worn out.
            And he’s released.....

Comment

Assume hell its already out. Season tickets at last seasons price x3. This season already saw a bump to ease into it. Concessions are up again too this year. After two years of the new stadium it will be empty at the new pricing.

Comment

Yu Darvish with Cubs... 0-2 and ERA over 6. He's as bad as the Rangers pitching staff, worse, and overpaid. It's utterly amazing to me that people in DFW and sports writers here are pining over this loser.

Comment

Yu is now 0-3 with a 6.00 ERA. He’s the rich man’s Mike Minor.

Comment

He is living rent free in your head though.

Comment

He is living rent free in your head though.
                      lol

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                        Yu is now 0-3 with a 6.00 ERA. He’s the rich man’s Mike Minor.
                        Jorge Alfaro is the only former prospect I can find with a + WAR that Daniels traded in the last few years. He's the Phillie's #1 catcher. We got our current ace and a solid relief pitcher for him so we still won that trade. JD knows what he's doing but he still has to work with a shoestring budget for some reason.

Comment

Looks like we dodged a bullet with Ohtani

I don't mind seeing the Angels throw away money but it sucks for the MLB. Trout is on a tear and the AL West is very competitive this year.

Comment

Wow
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Damn!
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

It'll be interesting to watch how this pans out. He's still a bargain for them at the league minimum as a DH because the dude can hit. Not counting the signing bonus and posting fee of course. So do they go ahead with the surgery and completely lose him for the rest of this season and maybe have a DH next year? Or do another injection and let him keep playing this season but possibly not have him for part of 2020?

I'd probably want him to do the surgery now as it's inevitable and I doubt the team is going to hang with the Astros all season. They might be able to compete next year but they definitely need to be ready for 2020 because that's Trout's last year under the current deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X