Colorado Hiking trip last week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Hiking trip last week

Finally made a trip to Lake City to hike, absolutely can't wait to go again! Amazing views, good weather and met some great people along the way. Did Handies, Redcloud, and Uncompahgre. Took a rest day and made it to to Matterhorn Creek trailhead for a shot at Wetterhorn when I realized my steering rack bushing was ripped in half and I had a torn CV boot. Not something you want to see when you're alone at 10,800ft way up a rough road 1000 miles from home! Limped it down the hill, back to lake city and eventually to Gunnison for the night. O'Reilly's had a replacement and were cool with me it out in the lot and headed the 14hrs home. Wife said the AC went out about 2hrs before I got back and of course they can't get the part until Monday. Pics in the link below

Last edited by the spindoctor; 07-04-2020, 07:32 PM.
    Justin

VERY COOL. I haven’t gotten down to that area yet. We were going to explore Black Canyon this summer but the whole COVID thing kinda took the air out of the idea. We’ll be doing that next year.

Comment

Awesome pics and videos. That looks like some mighty thin air.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
        VERY COOL. I haven’t gotten down to that area yet. We were going to explore Black Canyon this summer but the whole COVID thing kinda took the air out of the idea. We’ll be doing that next year.
        It's a neat area for sure. So much to do there even outside of the 14ers. A lot of places I wouldn't want to take a rental vehicle, but it usually just adds a little mileage to hikes. Luckily my truck did ok, I just need to look things over a little harder before I leave next time. I did take diamox and never had a headache. Slept fine 2 nights at 10,400 and 2 nights at 11,400.
        Justin

Comment

pretty country!!

Comment

I miss Colorado, we had a several trips planned this year that got COVId cancelled.
            San Diego (3 days wk/4 days vaca)
            Napa/Lake Tahoe (10 days)
            Colorado (5 days)
            NYC (7 days)

Now no days, this year!!!!
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Nice pictures! Looks like a fun time.

Comment

Working...
              X