Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slow Five-O View Post
    Wut ...

Re-read that statute. It says "A person commits an offense if the person violates this subchapter in a manner for which a specific penalty is not provided.", so they can pull something out of their ass.

Black and white interpretation could be anything, no?
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Five-O View Post
      Wut ...

Trooper pulled me over last Saturday for no.front plate and 74 in a 70 on the new 190.

I guess they're.trying to remind people its still 70 there. Warnings.on both BTW.
      Tell him its 170 til they put up a fuckin' sign. Or how about don't open the damn road to the public before you decide to put them up.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
        Re-read that statute. It says "A person commits an offense if the person violates this subchapter in a manner for which a specific penalty is not provided.", so they can pull something out of their ass.

Black and white interpretation could be anything, no?
        I think you missed the bold part below. Untied shoes have nothing to do with Title and Registration. Just because there is a general penalty section does not mean they can pull something out of their ass to charge you with.

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
        TRANSPORTATION CODETITLE 7.

VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC

SUBTITLE A. CERTIFICATES OF TITLE AND REGISTRATION OF VEHICLES

CHAPTER 520. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS

Sec. 520.036. GENERAL PENALTY. (a) A person commits an offense if the person violates this subchapter in a manner for which a specific penalty is not provided.(b) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than $50 and not more than $200.
        Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

So, if the language for punishment was omitted, this statute can fill in where it was left out.
        كافر

Originally posted by sc281
        Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
        Originally posted by Trick Pony
        ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

I talked to a cop in Allen and he told me that their DA has instructed them not to ticket for front plates right now. NOW, he did say he expects it to get resolved quickly by way of a special session, but who knows how long that will talk. He said he wouldn't be suprised if other cities were still enforcing it and letting the courts sort it out.

Comment

I will know before too long as I'm hiring an attorney to fight my BS passing stationary emergency vehicle and no front plate citations I got from a DPS trooper a few weeks ago. I did an open records request and got a video/audio DVD of the troopers camera. Evidence is strongly in my favor based on what I heard/saw on the video on the passing ticket, so Ill have the attorney fight them both.
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
              I will know before too long as I'm hiring an attorney to fight my BS passing stationary emergency vehicle and no front plate citations I got from a DPS trooper a few weeks ago. I did an open records request and got a video/audio DVD of the troopers camera. Evidence is strongly in my favor based on what I heard/saw on the video on the passing ticket, so Ill have the attorney fight them both.
              Post the dashcam video on Youtube!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                That means that if a cop wants to, he can fine you for...

walking down the street with an untied shoelace?
                i got a warning once for my pants being unzipped.
                95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                  Post the dashcam video on Youtube!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Ask and ye shall receive. It's in the pic and vid section.
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

If it's a mustang, I recommend getting one of these:

Mustang License Plate Brackets, Universal License Plate Brackets

The guy who came up with the brackets is a fellow submariner out here in VA. I have one on my cobra, very good fitment and quality. And best of all, you don't have to drill through your bumper.
                    Last edited by slowyellow; 03-10-2012, 04:18 PM.
                    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

It's back! Get ready! I posted this in the Political Forum as well so hopefully everyone gets a look at it.

Operation of Vehicles without two License Plates

All officers should be familiar with HB 625, a 2013 Texas Legislative amendment to Chapter 504 of the Texas Transportation Code.

In 2011, the Texas Legislature intended to separate the Transportation Code provisions requiring license plates from those requiring the actual registration sticker. The provisions that formerly made up Transportation Code Section 502.404 “Operation of a Vehicle without License Plate or Registration Insignia” were divided and now are present in Chapters 502 and 504 (the provisions regarding registration stayed in 502 and the provisions regarding license plates went to 504). When the Legislature did this in 2011, the penalty provision for not having two plates remained in Section 502 and was not duplicated in the Section 504 provision requiring license plates. The Police Department issued a roll call training after the 2011 Legislation passed warning officers not to use this violation of law as grounds to establish probable cause for a stop. The previous roll call training recommended officers observe another traffic offense for which a penalty is prescribed to make a traffic stop.

This year, the 2013 Texas Legislature passed HB 625 to fix this issue by adding Subsection (e) to provide a penalty provision. The amendment to the law fills the gap by making failure to display both license plates on a vehicle a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200. The new law takes effect on September 1, 2013. Until then, officers should continue to operate under the old roll call guidelines. After September 1, 2013, officers may resume relying on Section 504.939 as probable cause for a stop.

Effective September 1, 2013, Section 504.943 of the Texas Transportation Code will read:

§ 504.943. Operation of Vehicle Without License Plate

(a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a person commits an offense if the person operates on a public highway, during a registration period, a motor vehicle that does not display two license plates that:

(1) have been assigned by the department for the period; and

(2) comply with department rules regarding the placement of license plates.

(b) A person commits an offense if the person operates on a public highway during a registration period a road tractor, motorcycle, trailer, or semitrailer that does not display a license plate that:

(1) has been assigned by the department for the period; and

(2) complies with department rules regarding the placement of license plates.

(c) This section does not apply to a dealer operating a vehicle as provided by law.

(d) A court may dismiss a charge brought under Subsection (a)(1) if the defendant:

(1) remedies the defect before the defendant's first court appearance; and

(2) pays an administrative fee not to exceed $10.

(e) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200.
                      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
                      George Orwell

Comment

I saw that on the hook, but kept forgetting to post it.

It's gonna piss off a bunch of folks here.

Comment

It ain't going to piss me off. I'll do what I've been doing all of my life, keep driving without a FP, write that shit up, LAWDOG!
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Treadhead View Post
                            warning officers not to use this violation of law as grounds to establish probable cause for a stop. The previous roll call training recommended officers observe another traffic offense for which a penalty is prescribed to make a traffic stop.

After September 1, 2013, officers may resume relying on Section 504.939 as probable cause for a stop.
                            Didnt apply this the 3 times I was stopped on Bush for front plate in 2012-2013

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              It ain't going to piss me off. I'll do what I've been doing all of my life, keep driving without a FP, write that shit up, LAWDOG!
                              Front plate tickets are only about $80.

Nothing for a baller like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                                X