Global warmed up: Study finds temperature data systematically fudged upward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
    Maybe the conspiracy theorists are onto something.... 12 trillion more in debt is just that much closer to destroying the USA , which is what the globalists want. The USA falls and Poland or any other country willing to stand up for themselves would crumble too.
    Merkel let the truth slip out in a moment of anger when Trump pulled us out of the treaty. She said that it was a tool for globalism that had been taken away and had nothing to do with the climate.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      Merkel let the truth slip out in a moment of anger when Trump pulled us out of the treaty. She said that it was a tool for globalism that had been taken away and had nothing to do with the climate.
      Do you have a source for that?

Interested....

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        I predict the volume of tears shed by globalists over this shit will exceed the volume of the berg itself, and in the end all will be fine.

Comment

The salt of the tears should help to resalinate the ocean.
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            Paris accord was joke. The ultimate money redistribution. You have to wonder why the 2 biggest polluters (China and India) were void from paying anything nor having to clean up anything until 2030.
            Void of paying anything until 2030 is not accurate.

Appearing on ABC's "This Week," Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt made two false claims about the Paris Accord, a global agreement aimed at addressing climate change.

That was an aside. My 2 cents:

What about taking all of that cash we were going to give away and investing it in clean technologies & research on US soil? I don't disagree about keeping our cash in-house, but this was not replacing foreign aid with local aid, the money disappeared and went somewhere else. We could have created the "US Accord".
            2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
              Void of paying anything until 2030 is not accurate.

Appearing on ABC's "This Week," Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt made two false claims about the Paris Accord, a global agreement aimed at addressing climate change.

That was an aside. My 2 cents:

What about taking all of that cash we were going to give away and investing it in clean technologies & research on US soil? I don't disagree about keeping our cash in-house, but this was not replacing foreign aid with local aid, the money disappeared and went somewhere else. We could have created the "US Accord".
              Why would we do that? The "global view" regards us as nothing more than an ATM for 3rd world country "trust fund kids" that directly benefit from our "benevolent" taxpayer-fed slush fund.

Trump turned off the faucet and every spoiled money-grubbing shit hole is pissed off about it, ESPECIALLY our own politicians that are involved with "foundations" and companies that directly benefit from that absurd cash flow.
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

We could have created the "US Accord".
                Why do we need an "accord" if the free market seems to be doing just fine on its own?

Renewable energy is becoming so cheap the US will meet Paris commitments even if Trump withdraws

Research analysts at Morgan Stanley believe that renewable energy like solar and wind power are hurtling towards a level of ubiquity where not even politics can hinder them. Renewable energy is simply becoming the cheapest option, fast. Basic economics, the analysts say, suggest that the US will exceed its commitments in the Paris agreement regardless of whether or not president Donald Trump withdraws, as he’s stated he will.

“We project that by 2020, renewables will be the cheapest form of new-power generation across the globe,” with the exception of a few countries in Southeast Asia, the Morgan Stanley analysts said in a report published Thursday.

“By our forecasts, in most cases favorable renewables economics rather than government policy will be the primary driver of changes to utilities’ carbon emissions levels,” they wrote. “For example, notwithstanding president Trump’s stated intention to withdraw the US from the Paris climate accord, we expect the US to exceed the Paris commitment of a 26-28% reduction in its 2005-level carbon emissions by 2020.”

Globally, the price of solar panels has fallen 50% between 2016 and 2017, they write. And in countries with favorable wind conditions, the costs associated with wind power “can be as low as one-half to one-third that of coal- or natural gas-fired power plants.” Innovations in wind-turbine design are allowing for ever-longer wind blades; that boost in efficiency will also increase power output from the wind sector, according to Morgan Stanley.

Even in Australia, where the political climate is hostile to renewables, Morgan Stanley sees hope in the slightly longer-term: “In Australia, we anticipate that by 2020, renewables will provide ~28% of grid-supplied energy, including over 60% in South Australia.”

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  Why do we need an "accord" if the free market seems to be doing just fine on its own?

https://qz.com/1024520/renewable-ene...ump-withdraws/
                  Why not put in writing what is already happening? Adds a little accountability if it suddenly turns un-profitable. Push industry to forge ahead just a little faster. Show that the country/gov't is committed to the idea.

Alternatively, if we just took that stack of cash and dumped it straight into education and science R&D here in the states, I'd be happy. Obviously not what's going to happen.

Comment

Why not put in writing what is already happening? Adds a little accountability if it suddenly turns un-profitable. Push industry to forge ahead just a little faster. Show that the country/gov't is committed to the idea.

Alternatively, if we just took that stack of cash and dumped it straight into education and science R&D here in the states, I'd be happy. Obviously not what's going to happen.
                    I would say we need to keep the Federal Government out of "industry" as much as reasonably possible. Half of the issues that this country faces is either directly or indirectly attributed to an overreaching FedGov.

There's a profit to be made in "renewable energy", so let industry have at it so the politicians can focus on the "important" things like Transgenders in the Military and the California Delta Smelt.

Comment

Where would the constitutional authority be for the government to regulate business and environment?
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                        Where would the constitutional authority be for the government to regulate business and environment?
                        The general welfare clause is severely abused.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          Where would the constitutional authority be for the government to regulate ... environment?
                          I'm all about constitutional authority, but at some point you do have to realize that we will face things they didn't imagine in 1700s. Same thing for now vs 2217. We could use several new amendments.

That the whole Erin Brockovich thing is a good example. I'd hang poisoners right next to politicians, for the crows to have a nice human eyeball for lunch. Feed the crows! Think of the poor crows! Those human eyeballs they're missing out on, could be a good source of nutrition for them.
                          WH

Comment

We do need new amendments: balanced budget and term limits for congress. And then we need to repeal some too. Outside of that we needs way less govt interference in almost everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                              I would say we need to keep the Federal Government out of "industry" as much as reasonably possible. Half of the issues that this country faces is either directly or indirectly attributed to an overreaching FedGov.

There's a profit to be made in "renewable energy", so let industry have at it so the politicians can focus on the "important" things like Transgenders in the Military and the California Delta Smelt.
                              Your saying industry will choose the moral high ground? I don't think so. Only if it is profitable. What device do we have to steer humanity to do the "right" thing instead of the "profitable" one if the need arises from this or any other large-scale issue?

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                              We do need new amendments: balanced budget and term limits for congress. And then we need to repeal some too. Outside of that we needs way less govt interference in almost everything.
                              Agree, agree. Possibly repeal some yes. Gov't needs to interject where the majority agrees some issue requires the moral high ground despite being unpopular or unprofitable.

Comment

Working...
                              X