Global warmed up: Study finds temperature data systematically fudged upward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
    No other US based car manufacture has the balls to innovate like this car.
    No other manufacturer can lose $30K a car and still be in business. And Tesla won't be able to do it for much longer.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I'll race your Tesla in my fuckin truck. Any roadcourse of your choice, 10 laps. I'll do it while sipping a route 44 cherry limeaide too and I won't spill any.

When a Tesla wins the cannonball or the 24 hrs of lemans, I'll buy two.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
        I'll race your Tesla in my fuckin truck. Any roadcourse of your choice, 10 laps. I'll do it while sipping a route 44 cherry limeaide too and I won't spill any.

When a Tesla wins the cannonball or the 24 hrs of lemans, I'll buy two.
        Only a matter of time. They already have a mechanism for dropping the battery and swapping it straight out from the bottom, and it can be faster than refueling.

Others ~ I didn't say anything about the earth-saving aspects of the car, but I like how the rest of you went there. I just said it was a badass car and a great experience. Probably most of you are commenting without having driven one too, so I take it with a large grain of salt.
        2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
          Only a matter of time. They already have a mechanism for dropping the battery and swapping it straight out from the bottom, and it can be faster than refueling.

Others ~ I didn't say anything about the earth-saving aspects of the car, but I like how the rest of you went there. I just said it was a badass car and a great experience. Probably most of you are commenting without having driven one too, so I take it with a large grain of salt.
          Godamn, you are just too upper elite for me...and by the way, you have been going there this entire thread so don't act like your own argument didn't just blow up in your face.

Comment

There's a Tesla dealer less than 10 minutes from me, I've sat through their speel, and took a test drive in their quickest model S. If you're not all wrapped up about it being electric, the car isn't worth the money IMO. It's your typical luxo-class with with a big iPad in the console. It's not even on the list of cars that I would seriously consider for that kind of money.

Your opinion is just that mschmoyer, an opinion, and not everyone will agree with you.

Comment

Workers, including children, labor in harsh and dangerous conditions to meet the world’s soaring demand for cobalt, a mineral essential to powering electric vehicles, laptops, and smartphones, according to an investigation by The Washington Post.

Amnesty International says batteries in products made by Apple, Samsung, and others contain cobalt mined by kids in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Comment

Git off my lawn!!
                As they say to old farts over at the garage journal
                WH

Comment

A P100D is 140,000 dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    There's a Tesla dealer less than 10 minutes from me, I've sat through their speel, and took a test drive in their quickest model S. If you're not all wrapped up about it being electric, the car isn't worth the money IMO. It's your typical luxo-class with with a big iPad in the console. It's not even on the list of cars that I would seriously consider for that kind of money.

Your opinion is just that mschmoyer, an opinion, and not everyone will agree with you.
                    Never claimed otherwise.

You downplay the car's features, and it's fine to have a different opinion, but accident avoidance, auto-highway-driving, firing up the AC from your phone without leaving the car running, and the massive torque of an electric motor are a few examples of different features from what most other manufacturers have for a 2013-2016 range of cars (I don't buy new).

The amount of coal-burning required to power an object directly from charging is still less than the effort to pump, refine, transport, and ultimately burn gasoline at a very low efficiency. Even if you think it isn't today, it *can* be an improvement.

Gasser - I was only saying the car was bad ass, but I also don't see how my argument "blew up in my face". Show me another 4-door sedan in the 40-60 price range that is as fast, has similar or better tech features, and doesn't look ridiculous. I haven't researched in years. You could surprise me.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                      The amount of coal-burning required to power an object directly from charging is still less than the effort to pump, refine, transport, and ultimately burn gasoline at a very low efficiency. Even if you think it isn't today, it *can* be an improvement.
                      Your statement is completely apples and oranges. You can't compare one step of the life cycle of Fuel A to the whole supply chain of Fuel B. If you're just looking at point-of-use emissions you get to call out tailpipe for a car and powerplant stack for an EV. If you want to talk about pumping, refining, transporting [oil], and ultimately burning gasoline you have to also talk about mining, processing, transporting, and ultimately burning coal.
                      Last edited by Strychnine; 08-29-2017, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Gasser - I was only saying ...

I think you may have cited the wrong member, I'd love to have a damn Tesla. Used though, I ain't taking the depreciation of a new car. Then again I'd also love to have a lot of the gasoline cars out there as well.
                        WH

Comment

• How unfortunate if true... lulz
                          “It’s wrong because everything Gore shows in the new movie happens naturally,” said Spencer, who’s been studying the climate for decades.
                          Al Gore’s latest treatise on global warming is being outsold on Amazon Kindle — by a book debunking the former U.S. Vice President’s climate theories.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
                              Biased photo
                              I'm not a liberal, but if I posted liberal links to refute dumb things, your head would explode. Your source: http://conservativefiringline.com/

Front page of that reads like the National Enquirer.

You would have been more convincing leading with this article from the front page:
                              "Jennifer Lawrence suggests hurricanes ‘Mother Nature’s rage and wrath’ at U.S. for electing Trump — Video"

Comment

Never claimed otherwise.

You downplay the car's features, and it's fine to have a different opinion, but accident avoidance, auto-highway-driving, firing up the AC from your phone without leaving the car running, and the massive torque of an electric motor are a few examples of different features from what most other manufacturers have for a 2013-2016 range of cars (I don't buy new).

Gasser - I was only saying the car was bad ass, but I also don't see how my argument "blew up in my face". Show me another 4-door sedan in the 40-60 price range that is as fast, has similar or better tech features, and doesn't look ridiculous. I haven't researched in years. You could surprise me.
                                A Tesla's electric motor doesn't have massive torque. What it has is the exact same torque at any point in its operating range including at 1 rpm which it why they feel so fast at tip in. When they are not throttled back to keep things cool I suspect that they may make 460-550 hp at the wheels on the top end model.

Coal and gasoline are burned at the same level of thermal efficiency.

A Tesla that sells for 40-60 thousand is not a 40-60 thousand dollar car. It is closer to a 120 thousand dollar car that is sold with a very hefty government subsidy and is sold at a huge loss to the manufacture.
                                Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-08-2017, 05:30 PM.
                                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                                X