Site suggestion: Dark theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site suggestion: Dark theme

That would be cool. I think I'll have a few people agree with me on this. A toggle switch at the bottom that changes over to night mode, where everything is dark instead of blinding white. I've seen it on a few other vbulletin forums. Can we get that going?
    WH

That would be nice.. I was using a chrome extension but ended up removing it because it didn't work that great.

Comment

That would be nice especially for us late night folks.
      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

As much as I don't want to agree with anything OP says, ever, there are new studies out that show how blue light (i.e, screens) accelerates blindness by literally killing photo-receptors... and it definitely affects people who consistently use devices after dark.

Having said that, most devices now have a 'blue light filter' mode that can be turned on/off or scheduled to cut blue light (shift to yellow) between certain hours.
        Last edited by Strychnine; 08-17-2018, 06:25 AM.

Comment

i like this idea

Comment

tags are getting rougher and rougher.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

Having said that, most devices now have a 'blue light filter' mode that can be turned on/off or scheduled to cut blue light (shift to yellow) between certain hours.
              And thank god for that.

My phone, home computer, work computer, and remote laptop all have that feature enabled 24/7.

I MAY turn them off for a game every now and then, but they're usually on all the time.

VERY noticeable difference in eye strain and headaches.
              sigpic

Comment

Not that I post much, but I absolutely HATE sites with black backgrounds (ie SVTPerf, etc). Screws with my eyes too much. Almost like one of those pictures you stare at for a while and then see Jesus....

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  As much as I don't want to agree with anything OP says, ever, there are new studies out that show how blue light (i.e, screens) accelerates blindness by literally killing photo-receptors... and it definitely affects people who consistently use devices after dark.

Thanks for this heads up. Just turned my blue light filter on and its definitely noticeable.

Comment

Comment

Signatures and avatars. I forgot those existed.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brn N Rubr View Post
                        Not that I post much, but I absolutely HATE sites with black backgrounds (ie SVTPerf, etc). Screws with my eyes too much. Almost like one of those pictures you stare at for a while and then see Jesus....
                        To be clear, he's not asking for the site to be changed to dark only, but that a dark theme option is added to the options. If you look all the way at the bottom left, you'll see a drop down. There would just be one more option down there. Some forums have half a dozen or so different styles loaded so that the user can choose what they like best.

BTW.. If you go to SVT Performance you'll see the same drop down on the bottom left, and there are light options.

Comment

xtreefiddy on dark theme.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                            [img]https://i.imgur.com/3QJdjX
                            Yeah but it would be nice if it was native. In your pick at the bottom left, where it says "Default style" some sites have a selection called Night Mode where it turns the site much darker. Thats what I was hoping for.

So how bout it admins? Or owner guy. Can we get that going? Looks like the feedback is all positive.
                            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post

So how bout it admins? Or owner guy. Can we get that going? Looks like the feedback is all positive.
                              No, go fuck yourself...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X