Beef Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef Roast

So I've got a 3lb beef roast I'm gonna cook, will be cooking at around 225....anyone know how long I should cook it for a good medium?
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

4 hours @ 200*

Comment

What kind of cut is the roast?

Comment

boneless round rump..
        "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I have never had a rump roast cooked to a medium temp. Post up how it turns out.
          Probably not great.

Comment

it turned out ok...the wife liked it, I wasn't a big fan.

Made some classic mistakes, i.e. cooked a little too long, came out about med/well, and got antsy when I did take it out, cut into it too soon, forgot to tent it....1st bite was pretty good, but after that it dried out. I have another one that I'm gonna try again with in a few days.

Oh, and I just put a simple rub on this one, and wrapped it in foil.

Comment

What temp and how long? Did you put any stock or water in the foil with the roast? I would probably let it rest for about 30 minutes be cutting.

Comment

Working...
              X