No announcement yet.

Kim orders rockets on standby to attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder how many casualties Japan will sustain? Millions maybe?

N. Korea doesn't have to come close to 'winning' anyways, as soon as the first wave of casualties roll in, our economy (and the global economy) will go to hell in a hand basket. And that is what will make or break the US.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
      I wonder how many casualties Japan will sustain? Millions maybe?

N. Korea doesn't have to come close to 'winning' anyways, as soon as the first wave of casualties roll in, our economy (and the global economy) will go to hell in a hand basket. And that is what will make or break the US.

Stevo
      Which is why I suggest that the Chinese may not be as ready to jump in and defend North Korea here. They're not morons; they know that it will have a massive impact on the global economy (I think the extent of that impact is really difficult to estimate from where we sit). A North/South Korean conflict will do much less damage to the global economy than a North Korean, Chinese, South Korean, US, Japanese, NATO conflict.

Comment

I wonder how many casualties Japan will sustain? Millions maybe?
        There are so many variables that would need to be factored in to calculate this that it is almost pointless to discuss.

Brad, you are the numbers guy. If a butterfly flaps its wings here in Melbourne and you weigh what US military intelligence believes the DPRK's nuclear capabilities are, how many casualties will Japan suffer versus the mighty Norks and their incredible force projection?
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          There are so many variables that would need to be factored in to calculate this that it is almost pointless to discuss.

Brad, you are the numbers guy. If a butterfly flaps its wings here in Melbourne and you weigh what US military intelligence believes the DPRK's nuclear capabilities are, how many casualties will Japan suffer versus the mighty Norks and their incredible force projection?

I don't understand the willingness to accept whatever military intelligence is being report right now until it comes to our military's assessment of North Korea's military capabilities; why is it that that alone is the one issue where the DFWM faithful suddenly don't have faith in the almighty US military?

I think that the likely (think, likely...not making determinative statements because I don't think there's a soul in this thread qualified to do so) reality is that yes, they can do some damage. But where are they going to focus it? Are they really that preoccupied with Japan, or are they going to just barrage the South? It's all fucking conjecture.

I'm really just confused as to when the assessment of North Korea's military became one of sheer amazement and fright.

Comment

• Yeah, Brad, Alex ...
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              Yeah, Brad, Alex ...
              Go take your trash talk elsewhere, brainiac.

Comment

MacArthur's underestimating of N. Korea, and of China's (and Russia's) involvement, is what got us into this situation in 1950. I would think it is far better to overestimate the situation versus getting caught with our pants down, again.

Stevo
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

MacArthur's underestimating of N. Korea, and of China's (and Russia's) involvement, is what got us into this situation in 1950. I would think it is far better to overestimate the situation versus getting caught with our pants down, again.

Stevo
                  I think I addressed this on page like, one of this thread.

I also called Truman a bitch. I like doing that.

Comment

I think I addressed this on page like, one of this thread.

I also called Truman a bitch. I like doing that.
                    Good for you, have a cookie.

...in other news-

(Reuters) - North Korea has moved what appears to be a mid-range Musudan missile to its east coast, South Korea's Yonhap news agency said on Thursday, quoting multiple government sources privy to intelligence from U.S. and South Korean authorities.

It was not clear if the missile was mounted with a warhead or whether the North was planning to fire it or was just putting it on display as a show of force, one South Korean government source was quoted as saying.

"South Korean and U.S. intelligence authorities have obtained indications the North has moved an object that appears to be a mid-range missile to the east coast," the source said.

The Musudan missile is believed to have a range of 3,000 km (1,875 miles) or more, which would put all of South Korea and Japan in range and possibly also the U.S. territory of Guam in the Pacific Ocean. North Korea is not believed to have tested these mid-range missiles, according to most independent experts

South Korea's defense ministry declined to comment.

North Korea has threatened a nuclear strike on the United States and missile attacks on its Pacific bases, including in Guam. Those threats followed new U.N. sanctions imposed on the North after it carried out its third nuclear test in February.

The missile was moved to the coast by train. The North has a missile launch site on the northeastern coast, which it has used to unsuccessfully test-fire long-range rockets in the past.

The Yonhap report did not say if the missile had been moved to the missile site.

Japan's Asahi Shimbun newspaper issued a similar report on Thursday, saying the North had moved what appeared to be a long-range missile to its east coast.
                    Stevo

Comment

• In other news, the USA has stationed 18 Iowa class submarines somewhere in the ocean (it really doesn't matter where) that can shove a nuke up anyone's ass from underwater... from anywhere.

Oh, and all these missile defense boats are in the Pacific now:
                      The US is to deploy a missile defence system to its Pacific island of Guam, as North Korea again threatens nuclear strikes.

And this comic is funny, and pertinent:

Comment

• The nuclear deterrent is not relevant, since it would prompt China/Russia to enter on their side with a quickness, plus our lame-duck POTUS would never use it. And Kimmy could be setting up a scenario that would gather support from China/Russia- launching one of those glorified scuds (claiming it is another test afterwards), having the US shoot it down, and then NK using it as a provocation. That would make far more sense than Kimmy trying to use it as an actual strike weapon.

Stevo

Comment

• If we are going to play the blame game we can blame the United States for giving North Korea the satisfaction and financing for years and years knowing what kind of threat they can be.

Comment

• All this NK shit is being used to cover up gun control and Obama care. They're trying to hit us on all fronts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                              If we are going to play the blame game we can blame the United States for giving North Korea the satisfaction and financing for years and years knowing what kind of threat they can be.
                              Same can be said for Iraq and Afghanistan.
                              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• I'm currently working with a bunch of Koreans and they are laughing about this entire situation.

Two of my friends stationed in SK is saying the military is seeing this as a big joke.
                                "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Working...
                                X