• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    I'll fix that problem for you.....

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
    Fixed.
    To Hell with both of you for trying to ruin Chicken Nuggets for me!!!!!!!!!
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      oatmeal is impossible to make at home
      My wife uses apple juice instead of water, adds cinnamon and brown sugar, and brings it almost to boil and puts an apple that has been cut into small pieces. She then adds raisins and the old fashioned oatmeal (not instant) and cooks the oatmeal. I told her she needs to package and sell it because it is the shiznit!!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        I'll fix that problem for you.....

I just threw up in my mouth..

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
          Get 50 chicken niglets on your way home for 9.99
          eff that. that's the same price as wendy's spicy nuggets which are actually good.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
            My wife uses apple juice instead of water, adds cinnamon and brown sugar, and brings it almost to boil and puts an apple that has been cut into small pieces. She then adds raisins and the old fashioned oatmeal (not instant) and cooks the oatmeal. I told her she needs to package and sell it because it is the shiznit!!
            Damn that sounds good. I'm going to have to try it.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Co-worker loves it...and all I can think is I can get the Quaker oatmeal quick packs box of 8 with the same calories for the same price...
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                Damn that sounds good. I'm going to have to try it.
                It's the best oatmeal I have ever had. I grew up making my own oatmeal from the directions on the Quaker tube and never knew how good oatmeal could really be.

Comment

rolled oats, dried cranberries, flax seed oil w/ lemon, agave nectar, and a little salt

my breakfast almost every morning
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Regular (plain) Quaker Oats, water, microwave for 3 min. Every day.

Comment

After The Stir put McDonald's on blast for their attempt at creating a "healthy" breakfast item by rolling out an oatmeal option, I figured it couldn't hurt to check out what was going down under the Golden Arches. I love oatmeal and make it often at home, particularly after I discovered the awesome that is steel-cut oats, but I'm a skeptic about McDonald's. For me, it's a rare late-night snack after a night at a bar or something we eat on a road trip when there are few options available.

While I've been known to throw back a burger or two, it's even rarer that I eat fast-food breakfast; I just don't like any of the available options. I was game to throw down with McDonald's new Fruit and Maple Oatmeal and see how well it matched up against the homemade version:

The Price

At $1.99, the oatmeal comes in a small cup, and you have the choice of either with or without brown sugar. I opted to omit the brown sugar, because I tend to prefer my oatmeal on the savory side. I was glad I did.

The Toppings

At first glance, I was shocked by the amount and quality of fruit that topped the oatmeal cup. There was no shortage of crunchy, chopped green and red apples, as well as dried cranberries and both regular and golden raisins. The fruit to oatmeal ratio seemed to be almost equal.

The Oatmeal

Disappointing. While it wasn't a complete disaster in terms of texture, I found it on the gummy side. Put it this way: it was a step up from instant oatmeal, but nowhere near the chewy, nutty, steel-cut oats I make at home.

Worse, at least for my tastes, I found the oatmeal, even without the optional brown sugar, way too sweet. I thought it might be the concentrated sweetness of the dried fruit, but a taste of the oatmeal alone was still too cloying for my palate. A quick glimpse at the nutritional information revealed that one serving contained a whopping 32 grams of sugar. Like I said before, I prefer my oatmeal on the savory side, so you may like the sweetness of McDonald's oats more than me.

The Nutrition

Like I said, one serving of McDonald's oatmeal contains 32 grams of sugar. It also contains 290 calories, 4.5 grams of fat, 5 grams of fiber, and 5 grams of protein. To contrast, steel cut oats contain approximately 150 calories, 3 grams of fiber, 4 grams of protein, but less than 1 gram of sugar. Regular rolled oats are roughly the same nutritionally. Neither, of course, figures in any additional toppings like fruit, nuts, or cream. That being said, the Fruit and Maple Oatmeal is still loads better for you than other available breakfast items at McDonald's.

Bottom line: McDonald's oatmeal is serviceable in a pinch, but you're better off making your own oats at home.

Image via McDonalds.com

Comment

32g of sugar!? lol

Comment

Water in oatmeal?! Jesus, you people make some strange choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            rolled oats, dried cranberries, flax seed oil w/ lemon, agave nectar, and a little salt

my breakfast almost every morning
                            ^ Why Cooter takes a dump like clockwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                              That's what the recipe on the side of the box calls for.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                                water is easier to boil on the stove without scorching, and I prefer to drink milk with my oatmeal vs. put the calories in the oatmeal

Comment

Working...
                                X