Home made garage tools - post them up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home made garage tools - post them up

We all have them....Post up your best garage tools, no matter how simple, no matter how complex. From work benches to welding fixtures.

The only stipulation is that they are not store bought. If the thread is good enough, we'll sticky it.

I'm at work right now, but I have some good ideas.

1)square tubing expander (expands a round header primary into a square header flange hole)

2)exhaust stands (Like what muffler shops use, for building exhaust on the floor)

Ok, I have some to add - ones I completely forgot till Andrew reminded me of them.

Heavy duty balancer removal tool (for those stubborn SBF balancers) -

Cylinder head stud repair fixture - this is for repairing block threads ON the block. Uses drill bushings. Perfect alignment of the drill and tap via the other 3 studs.

Comment

Vintage home made louver press. 10,000 psi hydraulic pump pushing on a porto-power ram. Supposedly made by Smiley's in Kennedale.

She ain't real purddy but she gets the job done!

Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Here's a few of mine - simple but work as intended.
        Caliper spreader.

A/C Clutch holder

Comment

Ha, That's slick Mark!

Comment

Not as slick as the ones you can buy that mount a tire but I built this about 8 years ago. Its fitted wheels on several cars over that time.

6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

78 Suburban (slammed with LS in future)
            54 Olds 88 2dr HT
            12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

Ill need to head to my shop and snatch some pics tomorrow and post.

Comment

Can't wait!!

Comment

Originally posted by fartsmeller View Post
                  Can't wait!!
                  lol, awesome
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

cool idea for a thread. I've made all kinds of misc 'tools'
                    have to take some pics of a few. the best thing about making a tool is you can make it work exactly like you want.
                    sure it's free and all , but they take time to make for sure. Especially pisses me off when im right in the middle of a large project and I just can't constitute buying the actual tool.... but you really really need it! LOL

Comment

I made some stands for building exhaust and holding trans up when making brackets etc. Here is the top of them only cost me $14 for the all-thread at home depot. The bottom is just a 4" square tube welding to a old rotor. All the metal is scrap I had laying around the shop.

I couldn't see spending $140 for them someplace else but if I was to ever make anymore I will use bigger all-thread than the 3/4". Took me about 4 hours to make both of them and did it when I had some free time.

Don't mind the unfinished electrical work

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead78 View Post
                        Not as slick as the ones you can buy that mount a tire but I built this about 8 years ago. Its fitted wheels on several cars over that time.

how exactly does this one work??
                        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          I made some stands for building exhaust and holding trans up when making brackets etc. Here is the top of them only cost me $14 for the all-thread at home depot. The bottom is just a 4" square tube welding to a old rotor. All the metal is scrap I had laying around the shop.

I couldn't see spending $140 for them someplace else but if I was to ever make anymore I will use bigger all-thread than the 3/4". Took me about 4 hours to make both of them and did it when I had some free time.

Don't mind the unfinished electrical work
                          Stolen!!!

Comment

What's with the "stolen" stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                              What's with the "stolen" stuff?

Comment

Working...
                              X